Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is a really outstanding smartphone with high end specs and capabilities, but you must know some “tricks” for being able to take full advantage of the mentioned performances. That’s why first of all you should begin with something easy like learning how to customize the Home screen. Therefore, during the present step by step guide, I will teach you how to add, or delete apps (market ones too) and widgets to your SGS3 home screen. In this way you can personalize your phone and also use its features in an easier way than you used to.
Now, if you had recently bought the Galaxy S3, than you surely noticed that there are seven home screens that can be customized and configurable by your own taste. Now, on these screens, you can add different widgets, downloaded or default ones, and apps so that you can access them in an easier way by simply tapping on the tool you want to use or open. You can choose to add the Facebook icon, personalized calendar, complex apps, links, shortcuts and more. So, don’t hesitate and use our tutorial for learning how to customize the Home screen of your SGS3.
Usually, the SGS3 comes with two widgets installed on the main home screen: the Clock / Weather and the Flipboard widget; the second one being available on the second screen on the left. But that’s only the proof that you can add more, starting from apps, market tools and ending with complex widgets, so why not to take advantage of that? That being said, let’s get started with the proper explanations.
How to add apps to the SGS3 Home Screen
- First of all you must find a screen with enough room for adding a new icon.
- As soon as you found one, just tap (keep tapping a few seconds) on the screen.
- Now, the screen will be selected and some options will be displayed.
- You should choose the “Add to Home screen” option.
- Navigate and select the app you want to use.
- That’s it, now the selected app should be displayed on the Home screen.
- This method is being suitable for any device that is running the Android system.
How to add widgets to the SGS3 Home Screen
There are two ways available for this; you can choose to follow the exact steps from above but on the fourth one you should choose the “Widgets” option. Also, you can use the following procedure for adding the widgets:
- In the lower right hand corner of your phone you should tap on the “App drawer” icon.
- On the top of the screen you must tap on “widgets”.
- Tap and hold a few seconds on a widget.
- When the widget is selected, just drag it where you want to place the same on the home screen.
- You can place the tool on a different screen by moving your finger to left or right.
- Release for placing the widget.
Now, after you have learned how to add apps and widgets to the home screen, you should know how to delete them too. In case you don’t want to use a particular widget, you might want to remove it for making place for another one. So, for deleting the widgets you should:
- Tap (keep tapping a few seconds) the widget you want to remove.
- The widget will be selected.
- Drag it to the bottom of the screen.
- The Trash icon should be there.
- Just place the widget in the Trash and that’s it.
So, there you have it guys. You now know how to personalize the Samsung Galaxy S3 Home Screen by adding / deleting widgets and apps. The above mentioned methods can be applied for customizing the screen from any Android powered devices, so you can follow the steps for any handset. Stay close for further Android related tips and feel free and contact us for solving particular problems.