The LG Optimus 2X SU660 handset can now be downgraded to the stock and official version of the Android OS. This is a complex operation that must be completed only if you don’t like the current ROM that is running on your smartphone, if you are not satisfied by the performances of the same, or if you want to regain the warranty. Take note that this is not the latest official update released by LG for its Optimus 2X SU660 devices, is just a previous version of the Android platform.
We are bringing this step by step guide to you because we noticed that the latest update provided by LG for its 2X users is a little bit broken. There are many bugs in the system and the users reported many issues and annoying problems (HD Video recorder bug, SD Card mounting error and many other). So, in case you encounter some of these issues, you will probably want to downgrade to the previous version of the OS. This is when our tutorial will come in handy for you, as we are providing you a method in which you can learn how to update your LG Optimus 2X SU660 with a stock ROM that is way better than the current one.
As already stated, you should consider in performing this operation when you are not satisfied by the software featured on your handset, whether we are talking about an official OS, beta firmware or custom ROM. Also, if your Optimus 2X phone is currently running a custom ROM, or if it’s rooted, by applying this step by step guide you will be able to restore the lost warranty. Of course, the root access will be revoked and the bootloader re-locked, but you will be able to afterwards complete these tasks by following suitable guides.
As during the process the data which is stored on your device will be wiped out, it’s more than recommended to backup any of your personal info before applying or installing something. This is the best way to protect the files from your Optimus 2X. Don’t worry as you will be able to restore the data any time you will wish to. So, for making a proper backup you should first learn how to use some tools which can be downloaded from Google Play. If you don’t know what tools are recommended for the backup process, just search for backup guides here on Android.gs, as we have all the details needed.
Then, there is one more thing to do before starting the proper tutorial: the pre requisites. You must complete them if you want to perform a safe downgrade. Also if you skip this section you will not be able to use the stock firmware and you will probably damage the system. So, read all the lines from this guide.
- Enable the USB debugging for being able to properly connect the phone with the computer.
- Charge your Optimus 2X before applying the update.
- Deactivate the Firewall protection from the handset and from the PC.
- Install the 2X drivers on the computer. Download link here.
- Downgrade only if you are on Latest KANG’s version and not on the ICS 4.0.3 firmware version; else you will get an error message and you cannot apply the update.
You can now begin downgrading your Optimus device. Make sure you complete the steps exactly as mentioned below. Also, remember that if you have a rooted 2X, after applying the stock ROM, the root access will be revoked, so you will have to re-gain it but only by following a guide which is suitable for the new firmware.
How to Downgrade LG Optimus 2X SU660 to Official Stock ROM
- Download the ROM for the LG Optimus 2X SU660 from here and save it to your computer.
- Extract it for obtaining the .fls file and the .bin files.
- Download the Smart flasher tool from here in your computer and run the same.
- In Smart flasher select „ROM Copy D/L” tab and „Normal Mode” (not the „Erase CAL” one).
- On the CP Bin select the .fls file and on the AP Bin select the .bin file obtained before.
- Up next, turn off your phone and remove the battery.
- Press on “volume down” while connecting it with the PC via USB cord.
- Click on “Start” for starting the update process.
- When done, wait around 20 seconds and then disconnect the device from the computer.
- Put the battery back on and power on the handset.
That’s it; that was the how to procedure in which you could learn how to downgrade / update the LG Optimus 2X SU660 with the official factory firmware. Test it and see how it is working. Share your thoughts with us and tell us if you have other issues, so that we can bring suitable guides for your problems.