The Sony Xperia home launcher has just received a brand new update and it contains all the functions of the stock launcher of Android 4.1.2 OS, the one that runs on the Sony devices. Use this tutorial and you’ll find the download links along with instructions on how to successfully flash its files on your smartphone.
It seems like this update of the Sony Xperia Home launcher works great with the following devices: Sony Xperia S, Xperia V, Xperiat T and Xperia TL. Also, it seems like it works with previously released variants of 2011 but it contains some errors and bugs. You can easily install it on your device by simply sideloading it to your Xperia smartphone. Also, you can choose to uninstall it just like you would do with any other application.
The main new features of the Sony Xperia home launcher version 5.1.S.0.0 are the new look of the app drawer and the dock, a new search button is now present in the app drawer, it now supports up to 7 home screens. The widgets, themes, wallpapers and applications can now be installed and selected with a new method. If you long press the empty space on a home screen and then choose to add a new wallpaper, you will see all options at the bottom of the display. All the other functions of this new launcher can be discovered only if you test it.
In order to successfully flash this update, you will need to read the tutorial guide below. Make sure that you read all the instructions listed below and don’t slip any of them, as that will result in a failed attempt.
Here’s how to install the Sony Xperia Home Launcher v5.1.S.0.0 on your Sony device:
- Download the Xperia Launcher APK file from HERE or HERE.
- Connect your phone to your computer and move the APK onto its folders. Disconnect the device from PC when the file is successfully moved.
- Now, open Settings, then Security and then you will have to enable the ‘Unknown Sources’ option. This allows you to install apps right from your SD card.
- Install a File Manager on your device so that you’ll be able to browse the contents of the SD card.
- Find the Sony Xperia Home Launcher APK and tap it once to start its installation.
- The installation shouldn’t take more than 1 minute.
- Load the new home launcher and then start testing it. Tell us in comments if you like it and if you found any errors while using it.
If you don’t like the new Xperia Home Launcher then you can easily uninstall it from your device from the Settings> Apps and you’ll find it named Xperia Home.
These were all the instructions that you had to follow.
New custom ROMs will be launched in the coming weeks and it should contain this home launcher. This means that other Non-Xperia devices should get ports of it so that all Android users can experience the Sony Xperia Home Launcher.