Reaching download mode on your Galaxy Ace 4 is a basic operation that can be extremely helpful for both entry level and advanced users. Why? Well, the advantages that are related to the download mode menu are various – we will discuss about the same in a minute, so stay close – and is 100% safe so you can anytime test your Android capabilities by starting with an easy to apply procedure. Basically, learning stuffs like booting your Galaxy Ace 4 in recovery mode or in download mode represents the first steps to complete when thinking in customizing and optimizing your Android smartphone.
So, what can you do by accessing your Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 download mode? Mainly, you can update with OTA (over the air) updates. Of course, you can do it not in the traditional way (by going towards menu – settings – about phone – software updates). Download mode can be used for manually updating or downgrading your Samsung branded device to stock Android firmware. In that matter Odin will be required too, but that’s a different thing already. Bottom line, the most relevant aspect is that learning how to complete this tutorial will turn out to be quite helpful.
The following guidelines will support troubleshoot procedures, will represent the basic operation for other custom and unofficial processes and as already pointed out, will be a must when thinking in manually updating your Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 with stock Android OS using Odin. So, what do you say, are you willing to give it a try?
Now, the steps from below will work for both rooted and locked smartphones; also it is not required to use complex or risky tools as you will be able to enter download mode by using the keyboard keys of your Galaxy Ace 4. Moreover, you should backup your data before going any further, only if you are planning in updating or downgrading your phone. This operation is official so you have nothing to worry about – you can’t damage or soft brick your handset while trying to enter download mode, though you first need to ensure that your Ace 4 is charged (the battery level should display more than 50% power left, or else the charger must be plugged in).
How to Enter Galaxy Ace 4 Download Mode
Use keyboard keys
- First of all, power off your device – press power button and select “power off” or press and hold power key for about 5 or 6 seconds.
- You can also remove the battery for a few seconds; of course, then reinsert the same.
- Up next, press and hold power, volume down and home buttons at the same time.
- Don’t release the buttons until the Android Logo with the Warning message displayed.
- In the end press Volume Up in order to confirm that you want to enter download mode.
- There you have it; you can now safely connect your Ace 4 with your computer for completing further step by step procedures.
Use Quick Boot app
- In order to complete this method root access must be ensured on your Galaxy Ace 4.
- Go to Google Play.
- Search for the Quick Boot App.
- Download the same and install the new tool.
- Launch the software and follow the on screen prompts in order to boot into download mode.
So, that’s it for now. You now know how to boot your Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 into download mode, meaning that you are ready for other complex operations like updating or downgrading to stock Android firmware, using recovery mode, making a hard reset, gaining root access and so on. For further dedicated and compatible step by step guides, stay close and check out our how to section. Also, feel free and share your thoughts with us and with our readers by using the comments field from below – if you have problems, we will try to assist you as soon as possible.