Android Download Mode is a hidden menu in all Samsung devices, one that allows you yo flash new firmware updates, ROM upgrades, radio kernels and multiple other files. This guide will teach you how to successfully boot the Galaxy Note 3 Download Mode.
All the Samsung phones and tablets use the Download Mode instead of using the Fasboot or Bootloader mode used by other companies such as HTC, Nexus or Motorola or any other device using such modes. In this post you will find the easiest tutorial that teaches you how to successfully boot your device in Android Download Mode.
Download Mode is usually recommended to be used every time you install a new firmware update using ODIN. For your smartphone to be recognized by ODIN when in Download Mode you will need to have the latest Samsung USB Drivers installed on your device. After you connect your smartphone to your PC then you will be able to flash new software updates by sending the files from your PC directly to your Galaxy Note 3.
So, make sure to download and install Samsung USB Drivers for your Windows PC from here.
This guide will work with all Note 3 models: International, LTE and the US versions. Also, it works with any Samsung phone launched until now, this means that it includes the Galaxy S series, too.
How to boot Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Download Mode:
- Switch off your device completely.
– you can remove its battery and then re-insert it after several seconds have gone by.
- Now, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power, all at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see the Warning! screen.
- Next, press the Volume Up button to confirm that you want to boot Download Mode for your Note 3 device.
- Download Mode menu will appear and you can go on with your business, by connecting the phone to your computer.
- Use Odin to push files to your device from computer.
If you have any other questions please use the comments field below.