If you want to “communicate” with your Android smartphone and if you want to use it on full power then you should start using its recovery mode. But first, you need to know how to enter the recovery mode, as accessing the same can be done only by following dedicated methods. So, because of that, if you own the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, this tutorial will be more than helpful for you. As you will see during the guidelines from below, I will teach you three different methods to use when trying to enter recovery mode on Galaxy Grand 2, so don’t hesitate and check it all out.
First of all, you should know that using recovery mode is a must have especially if you want to personalize, optimize and customize your Galaxy Grand 2. The recovery mode represents a link between the user and the phone’s internal system and there are various operations that can be performed by using the recovery mode menu. The best is that in numerous cases the recovery mode can be used for fixing your bricked Galaxy Grand 2, so checking this tutorial is really not an option for you.
Moreover, entering recovery mode on Galaxy Grand 2 will be requiring when you will try to: wipe the system, clear cache, update your device with stock or with custom ROMs, make a Nandroid backup, perform restoration procedures, fix boot loop issues, remove lags and bugs, flash a custom kernel and so on.
Now as you know, when you first by a new Android smartphone, it will be delivered with the stock recovery image. The stock recovery is offering only limited features and options, so if you really want to tweak your Galaxy Grand 2, you should consider in installing a custom recovery image such as TWRP or CWM recovery. The best is that the process needed to enter stock and custom recovery mode is the same, thus explained during the guidelines from below. The first two methods are official ones and can be applied on both rooted and locked Android smartphones, while the last operation is using a third party app, which will run only on a rooted Galaxy Grand 2.
That’s all for now, so you can safely begin the tutorial by applying the steps from below. Anyway, do remember that the following steps are showing how to enter recovery mode on the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. Therefore, don’t use this guide if you own a similar or different Android smartphone or tablet because you will only end up in messing things.
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Galaxy Grand 2
Use hardware buttons
- Turn off your phone.
- Do that by pressing power button and selecting power off, or by pressing the power key for about 15 seconds.
- Wait 2, or 3 seconds before heading to the next step.
- Then press and hold volume up, home and power buttons at the same time.
- Keep pressing the buttons until recovery mode is being displayed.
- Use Volume Down / Up buttons to scroll up and down in recovery mode and power key to select your options.
- You can return to Android OS by choosing “reboot system now”.
Use Android SDK
- You first need to install Android SDK on your computer – install Android SDK on Windows or set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- On your phone enable USB debugging option by going to “menu-settings-developer options”.
- Also charge your device before doing anything else – especially if the power left is less than 50%.
- Go to the folder where you have installed ADB.
- There open a command prompt window.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand 2 with your computer – use the phone’s USB cable in that matter.
- On the cmd window type “adb reboot recovery”.
Use the Quick Boot tool
- First of all, gain root access on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 or ensure that your smartphone is rooted.
- Then, go to Google Play and download Quick Boot app.
- Open the app on your device and grant root access.
- Then select recovery and that’s it.
Congratulations; you have booted Galaxy Grand 2 in recovery mode. Now you can use the recovery mode menu for performing various operations, so don’t hesitate and play with the recovery features. In the end don’t forget to share your experience with us and with our readers and also stay close as further tutorial will be soon developed for your Galaxy Grand 2 – on that matter, check how to enter download mode on Galaxy Grand 2.