Entering and using recovery mode on LG G3 is a must especially if you are an advanced Android user who is thinking in performing various operations on his device. Now, even though LG just released the G3 and the phone is one of the best Android handsets available on the market, you might still want to customize and optimize its performances and looks. Well, in that matter, booting the LG G3 into recovery mode will be more than helpful for you.
As we all know, each Android device comes pre installed with a stock recovery image. This bootable partition is establishing a link between the user and the phone internal system. So, basically by using your LG G3 recovery mode you will be able to apply changes to the internal system of your device. Of course, the stock recovery image is coming with several restrictions so your access will be limited. But, in case you want to gain full control you can anytime choose to install a custom recovery image, such as CWM or TWRP recovery on your smartphone.
With a custom recovery you can apply operations such as: ensuring root access, installing .zip files, updating with custom ROMs, making Nandroid backups, making a hard reset, clear cache, remove bloatware and lot more. As you can see, entering and using recovery is quite important, whether we are talking about stock or custom recovery images. Of course, reaching recovery represents an official operation which means that you won’t lose your LG G3 warranty by completing this step by step guide.
Now reaching recovery mode on the LG G3 is easy; you can do it in three different ways, the easiest method being the one where you use the hardware buttons (of course, you should choose the procedure that you prefer the most). All these methods which will be detailed during the following lines are being compatible for the LG G3 that runs on stock recovery or on a custom recovery image which mean that you can complete this guide in any situation and for completing various operations (even for fixing a soft bricked Android device as then a hard reset will be required).
How to Enter Recovery Mode on LG G3 with ease
Use hardware buttons
Do note that if you choose this method for the LG G3 that runs on a stock recovery you will also end up in hard resetting your device – therefore before doing anything else backup your personal data, info and accounts along with anything else you might need afterwards.
- Turn off your phone – you can press power button once for selecting “power off” or you can press and hold the power key for about 5 or 6 seconds.
- Now, press and hold Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
- When the LG logo appears, release the keys.
- Immediately press Power and Volume Down buttons again until the Hard Reset menu will be displayed.
- Press Power button once and confirm the hard reset operation (this will not be necessarily if your LG G3 is running on a custom recovery image).
- That’s it; now your LG G3 will boot into recovery mode.
Use ADB commands
- Enable developer options on your LG G3 – go to Settings and choose About Phone. Then tap on Built Number seven times in order to enable developer options.
- Enable USB debugging option on your phone – go to Settings then pick Developer Options and just check the USB debugging section.
- Establish a connection between your G3 and your computer – use the USB cable in order to establish this connection.
- Now, on your computer navigate to the folder where you have installed Android SDK.
- There open a command prompt window: press and hold Shift keyboard key while right clicking on any bank space within the mentioned folder.
- Now, in the cmd window type “adb reboot recovery” and press enter.
- Your LG G3 will be rebooted into recovery mode.
Use a third party app
In order to use the Quick Boot app which is available on Google Play first you will have to root your LG G3 – the app will run only on a rooted system.
- Access Google Play on your smartphone.
- Search for the Quick Boot app and download the same.
- Install the app.
- Open Quick Boot and select “Recovery”.
- Wait while your LG G3 will be rebooted into recovery mode.
So, there you have it; that’s how you can anytime enter your LG G3 into recovery mode, whether you are using a stock or custom recovery image. In case you have problems or if you can’t manage to complete the guidelines from above, don’t hesitate and share your problems with us by using the comments field from below and we will assist you as soon as possible.