When having and using an Android device is all about customization and optimization procedures; but not always the operations you are performing are suitable with your smartphone, in our case with the Motorola Moto G. So, if you made a mistake and you damaged your phone, you need to learn how to repair the problems by fixing you bricked device. In that matter, entering stock recovery mode might be required. Because of that, during the guidelines from below, I will show you how to easily boot your Moto G in stock recovery mode.
Don’t worry, the process will not use custom or complex apps or procedures. This is the official, classic and manual method that is performed on the Moto G in order to safely enter recovery mode. So, the recovery mode can be easily booted, but only if you know exactly how to do it; else you will be stuck on a bricked Android smartphone. As you can already tell, the main reason why recovery mode is being required is for fixing problems. Actually, in order to do so, after booting into recovery a hard reset or factory reset must be performed (learn how to do that by using the proper link).
On the other hand, stock recovery can be used for other reasons too, like for flashing an official Android firmware on your device or for clearing cache in case your phone is slow or if the ROM runs with lags. Anyway, the reasons are not so important to us, as during this tutorial we are only debating the easiest way in which the Moto G recovery mode can be entered. Do note that I am talking about the stock recovery image and not about a custom one (usually the custom recovery app is installed when a custom ROM must be flashed), which can be booted by using dedicated apps – these tools are usually requiring root access in order to work properly.
Anyway, you can enter recovery mode on Moto G with ease as soon as you are applying the steps from below. Read the guidelines and only after that start in applying the same. Also, don’t perform things without consulting my indications as you might end up in messing things up.
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Motorola Moto G
- You first have to power off your Android smartphone. In order to do that, press the power button and select “power off”.
- Wait a few seconds and then press the volume up and volume down buttons along with the power button at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.
- Release the buttons; the Moto G boot menu must be now displayed on your phone.
- Use the Volume Down button in order to scroll down and also up as the Volume Up button can be used only for selecting an option.
- Scroll down until you reach “recovery” and the press the Volume Up button once.
- The android logo will now be displayed on your phone.
- Hold down Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for about 5 seconds and press power button once.
- The recovery mode menu should now be displayed.
- That was all; you can now choose to hard reset your Moto G or you can return to Android OS by selecting “reboot system now”.
Perfect; you are done, which means that you now know how to safely enter recovery mode on your Motorola Moto G. Stay close for further tutorials and use the comments field from below if you have something to share with us or with other users who might want or need to use this dedicated step by step guide.