Each Android based device is coming with a hidden menu that can be used for various operations, such as making backups, flashing official updates, make a hard reset, clear cache, troubleshoot software related issues and more. This hidden menu is dubbed as recovery mode and as I have stated before it is featured by default on any Android smartphone or tablet. Thus, your Motorola Moto E comes pre-installed with a stock recovery image that can be anytime accessed and used. But for being able to do so, first you have to learn how to easily boot your Moto E in recovery mode and here is when this step by step guide will be useful for you.
Entering recovery mode is a basic Android operation that each Android user must know or learn. Of course, besides knowing how to boot your Moto E in recovery mode you should also learn how to enter fastboot mode, how to hard reset, how to update and also how to fix your bricked Android phone. All these are essential procedures that might be required especially if you are an advanced Android user who is considering in applying unofficial operations on the Moto E. These unofficial or custom tasks are basically used for improving the performances of a mid range, or high end phone and might refer to gaining root access, unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery image, flashing a custom ROM, overclocking the CPU and so on.
As stated, you can choose to replace the stock recovery with a custom ROM. Now, the stock recovery image that is featured by default on your Motorola Moto E offers only limited possibilities, so if you will want to spice things up (for example you can use a custom recovery for installing a custom ROM firmware such as CM11, AOKP or ParanoidAndroid), you will have to replace the same with a custom recovery image, like CWM or TWRP recovery (use our tutorial in order to learn how to install TWRP recovery on Motorola Moto E). The best is that both custom and stock recovery image can be entered or accessed by using the same methods, meaning that the steps from below are being compatible with any recovery image you are using on your Android smartphone.
Furthermore, as you will see, the guidelines from below can be applied on both rooted and locked Moto E devices (the last method is though compatible only with rooted smartphones), meaning that entering recovery mode represents an official operation – the warranty of your device will not get void by completing this guide. Therefore, using the recovery options represents also official procedures, so making a hard reset, clearing cache or backing up your data are operations featured by default on your Android phone. As already mentioned, all these procedures can be used for various situations, though usually you can easily fix soft related problems, such as lags, bugs, boot loop errors, screen freeze situations and so on.
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Motorola Moto E
Use the hardware buttons
- Turn off your Moto E: in order to do so just press power button once and then select “power off” or keep pressing the power button for about 15 seconds or more.
- Up next on your phone press power, volume up and volume down keys at the same time.
- Keep pressing the buttons for about 3 or 4 seconds.
- The boot menu should be then displayed on your device.
- Use the volume down button in order to scroll down until you highlight the recovery option and then press volume up key once.
- You should see the Android logo displayed on your Moto E.
- At that point press Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for about 5 seconds and press power button once.
- In the end the recovery mode menu should be displayed on your phone.
- You can return back to Android OS by selecting “reboot system now”.
Use a third party app
- In order to use this method, you need to have a rooted Motorola Moto E.
- On your phone go to Google Play.
- There search for the Quick Boot app.
- Download the tool and install the same on your device.
- Then, just launch Quick Boot and select the Recovery option.
- Your Moto E will automatically reboot into recovery mode.
So there you have it, that’s how you can anytime enter recovery mode on your Motorola Moto E. If you have problems in reaching recovery or if you need extra help with your Moto E, don’t hesitate and share your thoughts with our team and with our readers by using the comments field from below – we will assist you as soon as possible.