Do you need to enter recovery mode on your Xperia Z1? If so, then you are probably looking for the easiest way in which recovery mode can be booted on your Android smartphone. Because of that, this dedicated step by step guide will be more than useful for you – during the guidelines from below I will show you how to quickly and easily enter Sony Xperia Z1 recovery mode, by using two different methods, so you will be able to choose what you prefer the most. Thus, don’t hesitate and check the lines explained on this tutorial.
Recovery mode represents a bootable menu featured on any Android device. Now, the stock recovery which comes pre-installed on your Xperia Z1 is featuring only limited options, which means that you can use it only for making few operations like a factory or hard reset or for applying an official Android OS in a manual matter – without using the OTA release. At the same time, if you choose to replace the stock recovery with a custom one, like CWM and TWRP recovery, you will be able to tweak your Android smartphone with ease. Unfortunately, usually, for being able to flash a custom recovery image, root access is being required which means that the warranty of your Xperia Z1 will get void.
The custom recovery image can be used for various procedures, mainly unofficial ones, such as: flashing a custom kernel, updating with a custom ROM, making a Nandroid backup, clearing cache, removing bloatware, overclocking the device and lot more. It is important to know though that both stock and custom recovery modes can be entered in the same way, so this step by step guide will be compatible either way. The best is that booting into recovery mode is usually required when looking into making a hard reset, which is an operation used for fixing a bricked Android smartphone or tablet.
As you can see, learning how to boot Xperia Z1 in recovery mode is a must have. As I have already mentioned during the introduction from above, by using this tutorial you can learn two official methods. There is another one that uses a dedicated app, which required root access – it is not recommended as by gaining root access you can also brick your Xperia Z1. So, if you choose to follow the steps from below, you will apply official operations that are dedicated and compatible only with the Sony Xperia Z1. Therefore, don’t use this tutorial for learning how to enter recovery mode unless you own the mentioned device; else we can’t guarantee that the guidelines explained will work in any matter.
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Xperia Z1
Enter recovery mode using classic method – recommended for entry level users
- Take your Xperia Z1 and turn it off – that can be achieved by pressing the power button once and then by selecting “power off”; also you can press the power button for about 15 seconds and then you phone will be powered off.
- Now, turn on your smartphone, but when its LED notification light turns Pink (or any oother color in that matter) press volume up or volume down button for a couple of times until the recovery mode is being displayed.
- You can use the volume up / down buttons in order to scroll up and down on the recovery mode menu and the power key to select.
- You can go back to Android OS by selecting “reboot system now”.
Enter recovery mode using ADB commands – for advanced users and only if you can’t use the classic method
- First of all, now you will need to use a computer.
- On the PC the Xperia Z1 drivers must be installed.
- Also, you need to install Android SDK – install Android SDK on Windows or set ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- On your phone USB debugging option must be enabled; in order to do so head to “menu –settings – developer options”.
- Also enable developer option on your Android device by going to path “menu – settings – about phone – tap build number seven times”.
- Connect your Xperia Z1 with your computer – use the USB cable for establishing the connection properly.
- Now, go to the folder where you have installed ADB and there open a command prompt window.
- On the mentioned cmd window type adb reboot recovery.
So there you have it; those were the best two official ways in which you can anytime enter your Sony Xperia Z1 in recovery mode. Therefore, that was all for now; don’t go anywhere else as on Android.gs you have other tutorials developed especially for your Android smartphone. Also, don’t hesitate and use the comments field from below if you have questions or if you want to talk with us or with other Android users.