How to Fix Bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
The Galaxy Ace is one of the most popular Android based smartphone, as even though it brings mid-range specs and features, the affordable price tag and the looks, managed to impress the entry level users. Anyway, most of the Ace users are trying to improve the performances of their devices by updating the same with custom ROMs firmware, as we all know that Samsung will no longer release ICS or Jelly Bean official updates for the Galaxy Ace due hardware limitations. But not all the beta software are stable ones and you can even end up in bricking your handset while trying to apply such platforms. That’s why during the present guide I will show you how to easily fix a bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
Now, you can brick or damage your Galaxy Ace in different ways, as there are several risky operations that can lead to such an unfortunate result. For example, gaining root access (which is required when trying to apply a custom ROM) is voiding the warranty and can also brick your phone because you will make changes into the internal system of the same. You can get a boot loop or the Ace might get stuck on the download or recovery mode screen, so you will need a fixing solution. This tutorial will be offering you the easiest way that can be used for fixing your bricked Galaxy Ace S5830.
By applying the steps from below, you will actually install the stock firmware on your Galaxy Ace and restore your device to default settings and restrictions. This means that if you own a rooted handset, after completing the guide the root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked. But, the best part is that the warranty will be regained, so you have nothing to worry about. Now, before heading to the proper steps, you do have to prepare some things, so read and apply the pre requisites which are being explained below.
- If your Ace is able to show the home screen, before going any further make a full backup; else all of your personal info will be wiped out. Save the contacts, messages, call logs, market apps, EFS folder and everything else you need to.
- Also, if possible go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Charge the battery of your smartphone, or else you will not be able to safely complete the step by step guide.
- A Windows running computer with internet connection enabled, the Galaxy Ace and its USB cable is being required.
- Make sure that you apply this tutorial only for fixing the bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830, as the present method is working only on the mentioned device.
- This procedure was first developed and tested by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this opportunity.
How to easily Fix Bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
- On your computer download the Galaxy Ace tool pack.
- The download link is here.
- Extract the pack on your computer.
- Connect the phone with the computer by using its USB cable.
- Up next, open the Galaxy Ace tool.
- Then, search for the .tar file (you will get if upon extraction) and select the same.
- Click on “copy” and also click on the Cygwin window for opening the same.
- On Cygwin first type “cd ./work -> Enter” and “splitfus2.exe_w2*.tar.md5 -> Enter”.
- Wait for a few minutes while the command is processed.
- Next, click on “open folder” followed by “Odin”.
- The Odin program will now be opened.
- From Odin, select “PDA” and just click on “flash” in order to start the installation procedure.
- You can unplug the USB cord now.
Congratulations, you have managed to fix your bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace. Now, your phone is running the stock Gingerbread OS, so if you will want to improve the performances you will have to root, install a custom recovery image and then update to a custom ROM firmware (use our update Galaxy Ace section). Also, it will be a good idea to bookmark this step by step guide as who knows when you will need it. Do tell us how things worked for you and if the tutorial resolved your problems. Share your thoughts and impressions with us and with other users by using the comments area from below.