The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 has been launched in 2012 internationally and, you can use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully update it to the latest Android OS version.
The new update should be easily flashable on your smartphone, but note that in case your device packs a custom ROM, then you should know that all data will be removed from the system partition. For stock phones you shouldn’t worry as no files will be removed in the process.
Applying this tutorial is easy if you carefully apply all the steps that are listed below. The new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean brings bug fixes, tweaks and other changes that should improve the overall Galaxy S3 Mini OS. Read the guidelines below before starting the installation process:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini model number I8190.
– don’t try to update any other phones with the firmware files that are listed in this article.
- download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for your computer.
– without these drivers installed you cannot flash the new ROM.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options section.
– in case the Developer Options menu is not listed in Settings, then you should enable this, too.
– if you don’t know how to enable Developer Options, then you should read more info here.
- disable Samsung KIES software from running on your computer.
- disable antivirus apps from running on your computer.
– this app will block ODIN (the app we will use to flash the new ROM), without ODIN you cannot flash the new ROM.
- if your phone is running stock Android you can flash the new update without losing any data file in the process.
- if your Galaxy S3 Mini runs on a custom ROM then you need to know that the phone’s system partition will be wiped.
– also, any custom Recovery installed on it will be removed completely in the process and replaced with a stock Android ROM.
- in case the Galaxy S3 Mini is rooted, then you should that the update will flash a Stock Android 4.1.2 ROM and the root will be revoked.
– when the root access is revoked the warranty will be restored in the process.
- check your smartphone’s battery charge level and make sure that it doesn’t power off in the middle of the updating process.
- use this tutorial only if you know what you’re doing and you’re an advanced Android user.
- please note that we cannot be held responsible in case you brick the phone, nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- if you want to be sure that you won’t lose any data from important apps, then you should try to use the Helium app for Android.
– you can also choose to backup and sync Contacts with your default Gmail account — here.
- if you cannot complete tutorial, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
These were all the guidelines that you had to go over before starting the tutorial. Read all the instructions below and don’t skip any steps, you should be able to complete installation without problems.
How to update Galaxy S3 Mini to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXANC2:
- Download the I8190XXANC2 firmware zip from here.
– the download link is provided by SamMobile, so you need to create an account before being able to start the download.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file and save them on your computer.
– you should get a .tar.md5 file, save it on your PC.
- Download the ODIN 3.09 from here.
– extract zip contents and save them on your PC.
- Switch off your smartphone now.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode now.
– if you can’t boot Download Mode, then you can learn using this info here (that’s a guide for S3 Recovery, but it works for S3 Mini, too).
- Launch ODIN executable on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 Mini to your computer via USB Data Cable.
– wait for ODIN to detect the phone, then you can continue to the next step.
– if the device is not detected, then you should re-install the Samsung USB Drivers — download link.
- Go to ODIN, click the AP button.
- Browse the PC and load the ‘I8190XXANC2’ in ODIN.
– make sure that Re-Partition is not enabled.
– don’t change any other default ODIN settings.
- Press the START button when you’re ready for the updating process to begin.
– the installation should take a while before it completes, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until ODIN tells you that the process was passed successfully.
- When the update is complete you will see your device rebooting the ‘PASS’ is displayed by ODIN.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully update your smartphone with a brand new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware version. In case the update failed, then you should try to repeat the guide more than once.
Use the comments field and ask for extra help in case you cannot complete update.