XXUBMGA Android 4.2.2 OTA Update for the Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone has been released earlier today and, you can learn how to install it for this particular device with the info posted here. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the update easily without bricking your device.
Before starting the update you should take a look at the preparation guide below. These guidelines will teach you how to successfully configure your device for the updating process to complete without problems. Here’s what you need to know:
- use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082. Do not attempt to update any other smartphone or tablet with the files you find in this post.
- if your device is rooted or running a custom ROM then the installation might not complete successfully or you’ll lose all data that is stored on it.
- devices running stock firmware won’t be affected by the updating process.
- also, the firmware currently installed on your device should be Jelly Bean.
- make sure that you have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer. Download link here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone from the Developer Options menu.
- Disable Samsung KIES and any antivirus application from running on your computer, as these apps will interfere with the update.
- The Galaxy Grand Duos battery should have at least 50% power left.
- If the device switches off in the middle of the updating process, then you might end up bricking it and then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- Read this entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any steps listed in the tutorial.
- This is a guide that should be applied by advanced users, as you cannot blame us in case the Grand Duos device gets bricked or you lose any data in the process.
- If you have problems during the installation, then you can always ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this article and learn how to successfully update your smartphone.
How to flash Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- Download official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 zip from here.
> note that you will be taken to the SamMobile web site and you should create an account before being able to download the latest Jelly Bean file.
> save the file on your PC.
- Extract the zip archive and save the files on your PC.
> you should obtain a file named with the .tar.md5 extension. Don’t extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from here.
> save the file on your and extract its contents to a single folder.
- Power off your Galaxy Grand Duos device now.
- Boot the phone into Android Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN exe on your PC.
- Connect your device with your PC and then wait for Odin to confirm that it has ‘added’ the new phone.
> if ODIN doesn’t recognize your device, then you will be forced to re-install the Samsung USB Drivers or switch between USB ports until the Grand Duos is added.
- Press the PDA button in ODIN, then browse your PC for the ‘.tar.md5′ file and load it into Odin.
> don’t change any default Odin settings and make sure that the Re-Partition option is not enabled.
- When ready, click the START button and wait for all the new firmware files to be installed successfully.
- The installation process shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes to complete. When done your device will reboot and you can unplug it from the PC when the Samsung Boot animation logo appears.
- ODIN will display the ‘PASS’ alerts and then you should wait until your Grand Duos device boots into normal mode.
- Enter your Google Account details and take control over your device in order to begin testing the new firmware update.
These were all the steps you had to take. In case you have any problems during the installation, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Also, if ODIN doesn’t install the new firmware at your first attempt, then you can always reboot the device and computer and repeat the tutorial once again starting from step 1. I hope that you did manage to update the phone and that now you’re testing all the new features.