XXUFME2 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 leaked firmware can now be installed on your Galaxy S3 I9300. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully install it on your device. Note that this is a guide that should be applied by advanced users who know how to use ODIN and how to flash a tar.md5 file to change the firmware of a smartphone.
Here you can find more info about the update.
In order to correctly update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with the leaked Android 4.2.2 XXUFME2 Jelly Bean ROM. Here’s what you need to know:
- use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 International variant model number I9300.
- don’t try to update any other smartphone using this guide, as you will end up bricking it.
- this is a stock firmware but not an official release by Samsung. It is a pre-release build of the final Android 4.2.2 JB OTA Update, but it will work just fine.
- if your phone is rooted, then all the data stored on it will be wiped.
- if the Galaxy S3 is rooted, then its warranty will be restored.
- create a backup of all the files before installing the new XXUFME2 firmware update.
- this update will install a stock Recovery.
- make sure to install all the Samsung USB Drivers before moving to the tutorial guide. Download the file from HERE. Without these drivers, your SGS3 will not be recognized by Odin app, the tool you’ll use to flash the firmware files.
- enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options menu, under Settings. If this menu is not shown, then you will have to enable it going through Settings, then About Device and then you should press 7 times on the Build Number text.
- disable Samsung KIES program in case you have it installed on your computer.
- disable any antivirus applications before launching Odin, as these apps will interfere with the updating process and you might not complete the tutorial.
- this is a guide for Android users who know what they’re doing, don’t try to flash the firmware in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- make sure to read the entire post and don’t skip any steps that I have listed below.
- we cannot be held responsible in case you will lose data or you’ll brick the smartphone.
- use the comments field to ask for any extra help in case you can’t install the files.
These were all the instructions that you had to read before continuing to the next part of this article and learn how to successfully update your device with the latest stock Jelly Bean ROM.
How to install leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUFME2 for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download the XXUFME2 I9300 firmware zip file from HERE.
> save the file on your PC and then extract its contents.
> you will get a file with the .tar.md5 extension and you shouldn’t extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from HERE.
> extract its contents and place them all in a single folder.
- Power off your smartphone completely.
- Boot the Galaxy S3 into Download Mode – that’s a guide for Galaxy S4 but it will work with the S3, too.
- Launch Odin exexutable on your computer.
- Connect the phone with your PC using the USB Cable.
> Odin will say that the device has been ‘added!!’ and then you can continue to the next step.
> if Odin doesn’t recognize the device, then you should try to plug it in a different USB port or re-install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Now, click the ‘PDA’ button in Odin and browse your PC for the file extracted in step 1, the tar.md5 file. Load it into Odin.
> make sure that Re-Partition option is not enabled.
> don’t edit any other default Odin settings.
- Click ‘START’ to begin the installation of XXUFME2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This process shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes.
- When the install is complete, you will see that the phone has rebooted and Odin should display the ‘PASS’ message, which confirms that the new firmware has been flashed with success.
- When the Samsung boot animation appears, you can unplug the phone from PC and wait for the home screen to appear.
- Enter your Google Account info and take control over your device.
I hope that you’ve managed to successfully install this new firmware on your S3. If everything went according to plan, then you can close this tutorial and start testing the firmware.
Users who are eager to root the new XXUFME2 Firmware should return to our web site, as we will post a working guide soon.
If you had problems with the installation, then you should read the notes below.
NOTE 1: In case Odin showed errors, it froze or some other thing blocked the installation, then you have to close Odin, unplug the phone from PC. Power off the phone by removing its battery and then re-insert it after 5 seconds passed. Repeat the entire tutorial once again and make sure that you won’t skip any steps in the process.
NOTE 2: If ODIN says ‘PASS’, but the phone is unable to get past the Samsung boot animation screen, then you will need to perform a factory reset. This will delete all data from your computer, but it will force your device to boot with the new XXUFME2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Here’s how to do it:
- power off the device, remove the battery and re-insert it after a few seconds.
- boot the phone into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time. Release the buttons when the screen flickers and wait for the stock Recovery to appear.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this process.
- get back to the main recovery screen and select ‘reboot system now’.
- wait for the device to boot into normal mode and enter your Google Account details when you’re asked by the new home screen of Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS.
For any other questions, use the comments field below.