Flash Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 Jelly Bean OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE
Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 firmware update has been launched for the Galaxy S4 LTE model. Use this tutorial and learn how to update it without bricking its firmware. This is an official Samsung released update and it will work with all devices that are factory unlocked.
For this tutorial to be completed at your first attempt you should first take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE model number I9505. Don’t use this firmware files for any other smartphone.
- If your device is rooted, then this update will restore it to stock Android 4.2.2 JB. So, root access will be revoked and you can restore it only by re-applying root for XXUDMH6 firmware version.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu before starting the update.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. Download link here.
- Disable / Uninstall Samsung KIES software before starting the installation.
- Disable any antivirus / security program before starting the update.
- Check your device’s battery power charge level and make sure that it is over 50%. This will prevent the device from switching off in the middle of the updating process.
- This is a guide for advanced users. Do not try to update your device in case you don’t know what you’re doing and you don’t know how to use ODIN, the tool that that you’ll use in order to flash XXUDMH6 firmware.
- Do not blame us in case something goes wrong and you brick the device. Make sure to read the entire tutorial before starting the update.
- Do not skip any steps.
- If you’re having problems with the installation process, then you can always ask for extra help in comments, as we will try to come up with a solution.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to update your Galaxy S4 with the latest Jelly Bean 4.2.2. firmware build.
Users who are currently running a custom ROM on their device should backup all data before starting this update, as this installation will wipe every single file from your device.
How to flash Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 JB OTA Update for Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE using ODIN 3.07:
- Download I9505XXUDMH6 firmware zip from here.
- When the download is complete you need to extract the contents.
- the I9505XXUDMH6 tar.md5 file will be obtained and you shouldn’t attempt to extract any further than that.
- Download ODIN3 v3.07 from here.
- Extract ODIN zip files and save them all in a single folder.
- Power off your smartphone now.
- Boot the Galaxy S4 LTE into Download Mode now.
- if you don’t know how to boot into Download Mode, then use the info listed here to learn.
- Open the Odin executable on your computer.
- Connect the Galaxy S4 with your computer using the USB data cable.
- wait for ODIN to confirm that it has ‘added!!’ your device, then move on to the next step.
- if your device isn’t detected, then you should try to switch between USB ports or try to re-install the Samsung USB Drivers (link in the preparation guide above.)
- Next, click the PDA button in ODIN.
- Browse your computer’s contents for the I9505XXUDMH6 firmware file. Load it into ODIN.
- don’t change any default Odin settings.
- make sure that the Re-partition option is not enabled.
- When ready, press the Start button and wait for the process to be completed.
- don’t press any buttons while the new firmware update is being flashed on your device.
- When the installation is complete you will notice that your device reboots into normal mode, which when you can unplug from your computer.
- The home screen of Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 stock ROM will appear on your Galaxy S4 LTE and now you can start testing the new firmware. For any problems with the installation please use the comments section to ask for help.
I hope that you’be managed to update your device and that now you can start testing the latest Android 4.2.2 build. If ODIN freezes or the update files aren’t flashed successfully, then you should disconnect the phone from PC, then close ODIN, re-open Odin and then repeat the entire tutorial once again. Make sure not to skip any steps that I’ve listed above as that will result in a failed attempt.
If ODIN says that the installation was completed, but the Galaxy S4 LTE doesn’t go past the Samsung boot animation screen, then you will need to apply a factory reset. This will delete all contents from your device but it will force the device to boot into normal mode. Here’s how to do it:
- power off the Galaxy S4 LTE completely.
- boot it into stock Recovery Mode.
- select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm the process.
- return to the main stock recovery screen and select ‘reboot system now’.
- wait for your device to boot into normal mode.
- enter your Google Account details and that should be all.
Use the section below to ask for any extra help.