Flash Android 4.3 XXUDMJ7 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005
The N9005XXUDMJ7 OTA Update for Galaxy Note 3 LTE has been pushed by Samsung. Now, you can use this tutorial and learn how to manually flash the update files on your device in case you didn’t receive the OTA Notification until now.
For this guide to complete successfully, you will first need to take a look at the guidelines below:
- Install the N9005XXUDMJ7 Android 4.3 OTA Update file only on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE with the model number set to N9005.
- do not attempt to flash this stock firmware on any other Android device, as you will end up bricking it.
- Make sure that your computer has the Samsung USB Drivers installed on it. Download link – here.
- without these drivers installed your phone won’t be recognized by Odin, the tool you’ll use to flash the firmware update.
- If your phone is rooted, then this installation will revoke root access.
- If the phone is rooted and it features a custom ROM, then this process will wipe the device completely.
- if that’s the case, then you should backup all important data that’s now currently stored on your device.
- If the Note 3 is full stock, then the update won’t any harm and you’re safe to flash it.
- You can still choose to backup data from installed apps using Helium app from Google Play Store (here).
- Sync the People details and Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- guide here for those who don’t know how to sync such data.
- Disable Samsung KIES software before starting the tutorial guide.
- Disable any antivirus app.
- Despite the fact that this is an easy to follow tutorial, you should use it only if you’re an advanced Android user.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
- Read the entire post and don’t skip any steps.
- Make sure that the Note 3 battery has at least 50% battery power left before it switches off.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then you should ask for more help in comments.
How to flash Android 4.3 XXUDMJ7 OTA Update for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE:
- Download the N9005XXUDMJ7 firmware zip from here.
- Extract the contents of the zip and you’ll obtain a new file with the “.tar.md5″ extension.
- don’t extract any further than that and save the file on your desktop.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from here. Extract the zip contents of Odin.
- Power off your smartphone now.
- Boot it in Download Mode:
- it can be done if you press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power, all at the same time.
- release the buttons when the Warning! screen loads, then press Volume Up confirm that you wish to boot the Note 3 in Download Mode.
- Launch Odin3 v3.07 exe on your computer.
- Connect the phone with your PC using the USB data cable.
- wait for Odin to recognize the device.
- if the phone is not detected, then you need to reinstall the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Next, click the PDA button in ODIN.
- Find the “tar.md5″ file extracted in step 2 and load it.
- do not change any other default Odin settings, but make sure that Re-Partition is disabled.
- Click the START button whenever you’re ready for the installation process to begin.
- don’t press any buttons until all files are installed.
- When the process is complete and XXUDMJ7 Android 4.3 Update files are flashed, ODIN will display the ‘PASS’ message and the Note 3 device will reboot.
- Disconnect the phone from PC now and then wait for it to boot in normal mode.
- Take control over your device and start testing all of its new features and functions.
If the device isn’t updated, ODIN displays the FAIL alert, then you will be forced to remove the phone’s battery for five second. Disconnect the phone from computer, close ODIN, re-insert the phone battery and then repeat the entire tutorial once again.
If ODIN says that the installation was completed, but the Note 3 LTE is unable to go past the Samsung boot animation screen, then you will be forced to apply a factory reset. This will wipe the phone’s system partition, but it will eventually force it to boot in normal mode. Here’s how to do it:
- Power off the phone by removing its battery.
- make sure that the device is not connected with your PC.
- re-insert the battery after five seconds have passed.
- Boot the Note 3 LTE in Stock Recovery Mode now
- it can be done if you press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power simultaneously until the main Recovery Mode screen appears.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- When the process is done, reboot your smartphone in normal.
For any other questions, use the comments field below.