Flash Android 4.3 XXUEMJ3 Leaked Firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE gets its second Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update leak. Use this tutorial if you want to test the new features and functions before the official release is here. Note that this article is for users who like to tinker with their devices and ready to lose data files in the process.
Since this is the second leak of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with build number set to XXUEMJ3, we can expect Samsung to launch an official stock OTA Update of Android 4.3 for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 soon. The update should be ready for a late October release. If you want to successfully flash this stock test firmware, then you should first take a look at the guidelines and extra info below:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9505. This is the International LTE device, which means that the United States Galaxy S4 LTE models are not supported by this leaked firmware.
- Do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the files you find in this post.
- If your device is rooted, then you should know that installing this new firmware, then you will lose root, but the warranty will be restored.
- any custom recoveries, custom kernels or any other type of customization you’ve installed on your SGS4 LTE will be removed in the process.
- Phones that are on stock firmware will not get their warranty voided.
- Binary counter will not be raised by this new firmware installation.
- KNOX Warranty Counter will not be triggered by the XXUEMJ3 Android 4.3 installation. ( the 0×0 will stay 0×0 after you flash the new firmware)
- This is not an official Samsung update, but a test build. It might contain errors or bugs and it might not be as stable as the official OTA Update.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for your smartphone from here.
- if you don’t install the drivers, then the Galaxy S4 I9505 will not be recognized by Odin, that’s the app you’re going to use in order to flash Android 4.3 XXUEMJ3 Jelly Bean test build.
- Disable Samsung KIES software before starting the installation.
- Disable all antivirus applications from running on your computer.
- Backup all the files that are currently stored on your device. The Android 4.3 XXUEMJ3 test build flash process will remove all data from your Galaxy S4.
- This is a guide for advanced users. Don’t attempt to use this tutorial in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Do not blame us in case you brick the Galaxy S4 LTE or lose any data in the process.
- Check the power left before your smartphone powers off. Make sure that there is at least 50% so that you’ll have enough time to complete the entire tutorial.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- if Developer Options doesn’t appear in Settings menu, then you should go to About Device menu, scroll down and tap seven times on the Build Number section. It will enable Developer Options for your Galaxy S4.
- If you cannot complete the installation, then you should use the comments field to ask for extra help.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully flash a test firmware for your smartphone.
How to flash Android 4.3 XXUEMJ3 Jelly Bean leaked stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE:
- Download the I9505XXUEMJ3 firmware zip from here.
- Unzip the I9505XXUEMJ3 zip and save all files in a single folder on your destkop.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
- extract its zip contents to a single folder on your desktop.
- Launch Odin3 v3.09 executable on your computer.
- Power off your device completely now.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode now.
- if you don’t know how to do that, then you should use this post here to learn.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 LTE with your computer using the USB cable.
- wait for ODIN to say that the device was ‘added!!’ and the blue sign is shown, which is when you can continue to the next step.
- in case the phone is not recognized by ODIN, then you should try to plug it into a different USB port or re-install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Click on the ‘AP‘ Odin button and then browse your computer for the following file: AP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Click on ‘BL‘ and load the following file: BL_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Click on ‘CP‘ and load this file: CP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Finally click the ‘CSC‘ button and load this file: CSC_OLB_I9505OLBEMJ2_1765174_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Disable the ‘Re-Partition’ box if it is enabled.
- don’t change any other default settings.
- Now you can click the START button and begin the installation of Android 4.3 XXUEMJ3 Jelly Bean test build on your Galaxy S4 I9505.
- don’t press any buttons while the installation is in progress.
- When all files are flashed with success, your device will reboot automatically and you can unplug it from PC when the Samsung boot animation screen appears.
- Enter your Google Account info when the new home screen is shown.
These were the steps you had to take in order to successfully flash this new stock test build of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
If your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 experiences any ‘force closes’, bootloops, freezes or any other problems are encountered while running the new firmware, then you will be forced to apply a Factory Reset. Here’s how to do it:
- power off your device and make sure that it is not connected to your computer.
- boot it in stock Recovery Mode.
- select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm.
- return to the main Recovery Mode menu and select ‘reboot system now’.
- wait for the device to complete the boot and then take control over it by entering your Google Account credentials.
I hope that you’ve managed to complete the installation of this new and leaked XXUEMJ3 Android 4.3 stock build on the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE. Make sure to test all the new features to get an idea on how the final build will look like.