If you want to experience the full AOSP Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS on your Galaxy S4 LTE, then this is the ROM that you should install. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the entire tutorial in under ten minutes without bricking the phone’s firmware.
Check the full list of features of this Android 4.4.2 Google Edition ROM at XDA here. It basically bundles all the AOSP features along with some new applications and elements that should offer the best KitKat experience. Before starting the installation you have to read the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE model number I9505.
– don’t attempt to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this post as it will brick their firmware.
- your Galaxy S4 LTE has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM Recovery Mode.
– TWRP should work, too. We didn’t manage to test it for this guide, which is why there are only CWM-based instructions.
– if you use TWRP, then you should apply the corresponding options.
- Make sure to read the entire tutorial, do not skip any steps.
- Backup data from installed applications using Helium for Android app.
- Sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Check the phone’s battery power level and make sure that there is enough left until the device switches off.
- this is a guide that should be applied by advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone.
- in case you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and start learning how to successfully update your phone.
Remember that this is not an official Samsung update, so you will install this custom ROM at your own risk.
How to flash Android 4.4.2 Google Edition ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE:
- Download the ROM from here.
- Move the file to your phone’s internal sdcard.
– disconnect the phone from PC and then power it off completely.
> do not unzip contents.
- Power off the phone.
- Now boot the device in CWM Recovery Mode.
>note that the installed recovery has to be updated to its latest version possible.
– if you don’t know how to boot recovery, then you should follow info here.
- First thing that you should do is to create a full NANDROID Backup of the installed ROM.
– select ‘backup and restore’, name the file, confirm.
- Now you need to apply a Full WIPE for your device:
– select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, then confirm.
– also you should find the ‘format /system’ option and confirm process.
- Now you can install the ROM:
– select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– find the ROM file and confirm its installation.
- After the ROM is installed you need to REBOOT the phone.
– if you’re asked to ‘fix root’ please deny that process and select NO.
- After the Reboot is complete you need to allow several minutes for the ROM to settle.
- Next, launch the App Drawer and open the Xposed app: press on the Framework Button and confirm installation of the framework.
- Reboot the Galaxy S4 now.
- When the device finished rebooting you need to launch again Xposed: open the Module Menu and enable Gravity box.
- Reboot once again.
- The device will boot in normal mode and it will run the full Android 4.4.2 Google Edition ROM.
Don’t worry as this new ROM is fully rooted.
If you have any other questions use the comments field below.