The official Android 4.4.2 XXUENA6 OTA Update is now live for the LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully update it without bricking its firmware. Note that this is a guide that should be followed by advanced Android users.
Android 4.4.2 XXUENA6 update for Note 3 LTE N9005 has been first released for Poland, but you can still flash this firmware even if your device is based in a different country. More info about this release can be found in our news article here. Before starting the installation process of this new update you will first have to take a look at the guidelines below:
- Use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE model number SM-N9005.
– the device model can be found in Settings > About phone.
– do not attempt to flash the firmware file listed in this article on any other Galaxy Note 3 device, as you will end up bricking its firmware.
– this post doesn’t work with the US LTE models.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for your computer from here.
- Disable Samsung KIES software from running on your PC. KIES will interfere with the installation process and block ODIN, the app we’ll use to flash the new firmware, from running.
- If your device is currently running a custom ROM, then you should know that this installation of stock / official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update will remove the system partition.
– make sure to backup all important data before starting the process.
- Users running stock Android on their Note 3 LTE won’t need to worry about losing data.
- Disable any antivirus apps from running on your PC, so that it won’t interfere with the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Use Helium tool from Google Play Store here in case you wish to backup data from installed applications.
- Sync your Contacts info with your Gmail account. (guide here)
- This tutorial has to be applied by advanced Android users, so you shouldn’t blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery has enough power left before it completely switches off.
– if the phone powers off in the middle of the updating process, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- Read all the info that I’ve listed in this post and make sure not to skip any steps.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your smartphone with a brand new Android firmware. Use the comments field in case you need any extra help.
How to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA Update for Galaxy Note 3 LTE:
- Download the N9005XXUENA6 firmware zip from here (terafile.co) or here
- After the download is complete you need to extract the contents of the zip.
– note that you’ll get several files with ‘.tar.md5′ extension, don’t extract any further than that.
- Download Odin 3.09 from here.
– extract its contents in a single folder and save it on your PC.
- Power off your smartphone now.
- Next, boot the Note 3 in Download Mode.
– info here on how to boot Download Mode for Samsung devices.
- Launch Odin 3.09 exe on your computer.
- Use the USB Cable and connect the phone to your PC.
– wait for Odin to detect the smartphone, then continue to the next step.
– if the device isn’t detected at first, then you can switch between USB ports or try to re-install the Samsung USB Driver (link in the preparation guide above).
- Now, go to Odin, click the AP button and then browse your PC for the AP_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5.
– load the file in Odin.
- Click BL button and load this file: BL_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Click the CP button and load this file: CP_N9005XXUENA2_REV03_CL1277177.tar.md5
- Click CSC and load CSC_OXX_N9005OXXENA5_327209_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- After you have loaded all the above files in ODIN you need to make sure that Re-Partition option is not enabled.
– don’t change any other default options.
- Press START when you’re ready for the update to begin.
– don’t press any buttons until the process is complete.
- When the installation is finished, ODIN will say ‘PASS’ and the Note 3 LTE will reboot in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process will take a while to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until then.
– disconnect the phone from PC when the home screen of Android 4.4.2 appears.
Now that you’ve managed to complete the installation of this new OS update, it means that you can start testing all of its new features. In case the updating process failed, then you should read the note below.
NOTE: If ODIN freezes or the process is not completed for whatever reason, then you will have to repeat the entire tutorial once more. Make sure that in case you do repeat the guide, then you won’t skip any steps and use the comments field to ask for extra help.
NOTE 2: If ODIN says that the process was completed successfully, but the Note 3 doesn’t go past the Samsung boot animation screen, then you will have to boot stock Recovery Mode and ‘factory reset’ the device. That process will wipe all data from system partition, but it will force the device to boot in normal mode. Here’s how to do it:
- Power off your Note 3 LTE completely.
- Boot the device in Stock Recovery Mode now.
– guide here in case you don’t know how to boot recovery, that’s an S4 recovery boot guide, it will work with your Note 3 device too.
- When you’re at the main Stock Recovery menu you need to select ‘wipe data/factory reset’.
- Confirm the process.
- When done, select ‘reboot system now’ and confirm the process.
- Enter your Google Account info after the boot is complete.
That’s it, these were the instructions that I had for you. Use the comments field below if you need any extra help.