Flash Android 4.4.2 XXUFNA5 Leaked Update for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
The Android 4.4.2 firmware update has been leaked for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE, and now you can use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install it. Note that this is a guide for advanced users and you shouldn’t attempt to install it in case you don’t want to tinker with your smartphone.
The XXUFNA5 Android 4.4.2 is the second installment leaked for the Galaxy S4 LTE, while the XXUFNA1
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE should receive the official OTA Update by the end of March, but until then you can try to install this I9505XXUFNA5 test firmware. Read this guidelines below before starting the installation of Android 4.4.2 Test ROM on your Galaxy S4 LTE:
- Use this post only with the LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9505.
- do not attempt to update any other Galaxy S4 models with the files that you’ll find in this post.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers from here.
- Make sure to disable Samsung KIES and all antivirus applications from running on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- If the Developer Options section is not listed in the Settings menu, then you will have to enable from About Phone. Press the Build Number section seven times in order to enable Developer Options.
- In case your phone features a custom ROM, then the installation of Android 4.4.2 XXUFNA5 will wipe data like a Factory Reset.
- backup all important data before starting the process.
- if you want to backup data from installed apps then you should use the Helium tool for Android here.
- If your device already sports a stock Android ROM, then the new ROM will update easily without wiping any data in the process.
- Sync Contacts with your default Gmail account.
- learn how to do it here.
- Use this post only if you know what you’re doing and you’re an advanced Android user.
- note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
- Read the entire post and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I’ve listed in the tutorial.
- Check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that there is still 50% left before the device switches off completely.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then you can ask for more help in comments.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to update your device with a brand new KitKat ROM.
How to flash Android 4.4.2 XXUFNA5 Test ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
- Download the I9505XXUFNA5 Test build from here.
- Extract all contents from the zip file and save them in your computer.
- you’ll get 4 different files with the .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
- Power off the Galaxy S4 LTE now.
- Next, boot your phone in Download Mode.
- if you don’t know how to boot Android Download Mode, then you can learn how to do it using the info here.
- Launch ODIN 3.09 on your computer.
- Now use the USB Cable and connect your phone to your PC.
- wait for Odin to detect the device and then you can get to the next step.
> if Odin doesn’t recognize your phone then you should try to plug the USB cable in a different USB port or re-install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Get to the Odin and start loading all the new Android 4.4.2 XXUFNA5 test firmware files;
- first you need to click on AP and then load the following file: AP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- next you need to click on BL, load this file: BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- click CP and load this: CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- click CSC and load this file: CSC_OXA_I9505OXAFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Disable the Re-Partition option in Odin.
- Now you can hit the START button in order to begin the installation of Android 4.4.2 XXUFNA5 test ROM for your Galaxy S4 LTE.
- After the install process is complete you will notice that ODIN has displayed the PASS alert, and the phone reboots in normal mode.
> note that this first boot process takes several minutes before it loads all the new files.
> disconnect the phone from PC when the Galaxy S4 logo appears.
- Take control over your device and start testing all of its new features.
These were the steps that you had to follow in order to successfully update your phone.
NOTE: if ODIN fails to install XXUFNA5 Android 4.4.2 ROM, it freezes or for any other reason the installation doesn’t complete, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
NOTE 2: in case ODIN says that the installation was passed, but the device is unable to boot in normal mode then you should apply a factory reset. Note that the ‘factory reset’ will wipe all data from your device’s system partition, while leaving the other parts of your device unaffected. Here’s how to apply a factory reset for your device:
- Power off the device now completely.
- Boot the phone in Stock Recovery Mode.
- recovery mode for Samsung can be booted using the info here, that’s a guide for those of you who don’t know how to do it.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, then confirm the process.
- Reboot your phone now in normal mode.