T-Mobile Note 3 has received the new AOKP Nightly 4.4.2 build and you can use this tutorial in order to learn how to flash it for your T-Mobile Note 3. Remember that this is guide for owners of Note 3 that want to tinker with their phone’s ROM, install it at your own risk.
For extra info on AOKP and what it has in store for you follow this link here, it will take you to AOKP blog. Before starting the installation of AOKP Nightly KitKat 4.4.2 on your device you will first have to read the guidelines below:
- This post works exclusively with the T-Mobile model of Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
– do not attempt to flash this custom ROM on any other smartphones nor tablets, as you will end up bricking their firmware.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM or TWRP Recovery.
> you won’t be able to flash any KitKat ROMs in case your device runs on older builds of custom Recovery.
- Create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the installed OS.
– it will create a restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
- A Factory Reset is also required for your device, which is why you shouldn’t skip this step.
– Factory Reset wipes all data from system partition.
– This process will not remove data from Internal / External cards.
> the step is listed in the tutorial, so you won’t miss it.
- Backup data from applications, SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: Helium | SMS backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
– root access might be required for these apps.
- Sync your Contacts data with your default Gmail account.
– tutorial here for those of you who don’t know how to do it.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This guide is for more advanced Android users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important in the process.
- Your phone’s battery needs at least 50% power, so that it won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- Read the entire post and don’t skip any steps.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully flash an Android 4.4.2 ROM on your device.
How to install AOKP KitKat 4.4.2 Nightly for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3:
- Download the ROM zip file from HERE.
– if you want to download a build with another release date then follow the link here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.2 ROMs from HERE.
- Connect the TMO Note 3 to your PC via USB Cable. Move both zip files to its internal storage.
> do not unzip the archived files.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and then power it off.
- Boot the phone in Custom Recovery mode.
– CWM Recovery has been tested with this guide, but you can also use TWRP.
> in case you use TWRP, then you should carefully apply all the correct corresponding actions.
- First thing that you need to do is to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup:
– select ‘backup and restore’ option, give a name for the file and then confirm process.
> continue to the next step when done.
- Next, apply a Factory Reset for your device.
– select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm the process.
- Now you can flash the new custom ROM:
– select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’ — find the AOKP KitKat Nightly zip and confirm installation.
> don’t press any buttons until the process is complete.
- After the ROM is flashed you should use the same actions as in step 8 and flash Gapps zip.
- When all files are installed you need to return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your T-Mobile Note 3 in normal mode now.
> note that the first boot process takes several minutes to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until you see the AOKP home screen.
- Use your Google account info in order to gain control over your device once again.
If you have problems with the installation or in case the process fails, then you should try to repeat entire guide more than once. Also, use the comments field to ask for extra help.