Avatar custom ROM can now be flashed for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note device using the instructions that I have listed in this article. Note that this is not an official Android 4.3 update. Read all the info listed in this post and you should be able to complete the installation in no time.
This is a new custom ROM that has reached the Android 4.3 ROM and it can be flashed easily without bricking your smartphone in the process.
Avatar Android 4.3 Nightly builds feature things from AOKP, CyanogenMod and other popular custom ROMs. More info about this release can be found here at the developer’s web page. In order to successfully flash this new ROM, then you should first take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only for the AT&T variant of Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone.
– the AT&T Galaxy Note device you’re about to update should have the model number I717.
- Your device has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery image like CWM or TWRP.
- both CWM and TWRP are supported by this guide.
- The tutorial will ask you to wipe data and factory reset your device. This will remove contents from the system partition, while the Internal / external storage won’t be affected.
- if you want to backup data from installed applications, then you should use Helium (here) or Titanium Backup (here).
- SMS, Call logs info and APN Internet Settings can be saved using the followint Android apps: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Note that root access will be needed for some of these applications.
- Sync People Details and Contacts info with the default Gmail account you’ve set for your phone.
– those of you who don’t know how to do that can found more info here.
- Enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Make sure that your smartphone’s battery power level is over 50%. If the phone switches off while you’re flashing the new files, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- Read this entire post and make sure not to skip any steps.
- This is a guide for advanced users, we cannot be held responsible in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
- If you cannot complete the update, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
Now that you’ve read all of the above, then you can continue with the next part of this article.
Remember that this is not an official Android 4.3 update for your phone. It is a custom ROM that brings the latest Jelly Bean functions and other customizations from popular custom ROMs.
How to flash Avatar Android 4.3 Nightly ROM for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717:
- Download the custom ROM zip from here.
- Download the Gapps for Android 4.3 ROMs from here.
- After the files are downloaded, connect your phone with your PC.
- Move both zip files on your smartphone’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied, disconnect the device from your PC.
- Power off the Galaxy Note AT&T completely.
- Boot your device in custom Recovery Mode now.
– it can be done by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time.
– release the buttons when the custom Recovery screen appears.
– remember that both CWM and TWRP will work with this post.
- First, you need to create the Full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your device.
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, then save the file on your internal storage.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and swipe to back up the installed ROM.
> after the backup is complete, continue to the next step.
- Now you have to apply a factory reset for your phone:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm the process.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then you have to swipe to confirm Factory Reset.
> if you skip this step, then your smartphone might not boot in normal mode, which will force to return to the tutorial and repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- Next, flash the latest Avatar Android 4.3 Nightly build:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Avatar custom ROM and confirm its installation.
– TWRP: press Install, then find the Avatar Android 4.3 ROM zip and confirm the process.
> don’t press any buttons until all files are installed.
> if the installation does not complete, then you will need to power off the phone, remove its battery, re-insert it after five have passed by and then repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- When the Avatar Android 4.3 custom ROM finishes to install all of its files, repeat step 9 actions and flash the Gapps zip.
- After you complete the installation of all zip files, return to the main CWM / TWRP Recovery screen.
- Reboot your AT&T Galaxy Note in normal mode:
– CWM: select ‘reboot system now’.
– TWRP: press Reboot and then press System.
> wait for the first boot process to load all the new ROM files, but note that this process might take more than five minutes to complete.
- Enter the Google Account details when your AT&T Galaxy Note shows the new home screen.
– take control over your device and start testing all of its new features and functions.
These were all the instructions you had to follow in order to flash the brand new Avatar Android 4.3 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note AT&T.
In case the first boot process takes more than ten minutes to load all files or the phone enters into a boot loop, then you should remove the phone’s battery for five seconds. Now you should repeat the entire tutorial while making sure that you won’t skip any steps that I’ve listed above. If you have any other questions regarding the installation process, then you can always ask for more help in comments.
If you don’t like the new ROM or how your AT&T Galaxy Note works with it, then you can use the NANDROID Backup files created in step 7 and restore your device to its previous state.
If you find any major bugs while testing Avatar Android 4.3 ROM tell us in comments or head to the developer’s web page to report them.