Flash Avatar Android 4.3 Nightly custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Avatar Android 4.3 custom ROM can now be flashed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully update your device with the latest Nightly build of Avatar ROM. Note that this is a guide for users who want to test new Jelly Bean custom builds and similar firmware.
The Avatar ROM brings tons of great customizations and files based on AOSP Android 4.3, CyanogenMod, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid custom ROMs. If you want to learn more about this release, then you can visit the developer’s web site here. Before starting the updating process, take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100.
- do not attempt to update any other device with the files you find in this post.
- Your device has to be running on a factory unlocked bootloader, it has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image.
- both the CWM and TWRP Recoveries are supported by this tutorial.
- In the tutorial you’ll find the Factory Reset step, which tells you to wipe data and factory reset the device before starting the installation.
- this will ensure that you’ll apply a clean installation for your phone.
- The Factory Reset action will delete only the system partition, while Internal / external storage will remain the same with no files being removed in the process.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your device.
- that will set a restore point and it can be used in case the new Avatar ROM doesn’t boot correctly.
- If you want to backup data from installed apps, then you can always use Helium app (here) or Titanium Backup (here).
- Backup SMS, Call Logs and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access will be required for some of these apps.
- Sync your contacts info with your Gmail account.
- if you don’t know how to do it, then you should read the info listed here.
- Enable USB Debugging for your evice from Developer Options menu.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery has enough power left before it completely shuts down.
- if the Galaxy Note 2 switches off in the middle of the updating process, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- This is a guide for advanced users and we cannot be blamed if you brick the phone or lose any data in the process.
- Read all info listed in this article and make sure that you won’t skip any steps.
- If you cannot complete the tutorial, then you can always ask for more help in comments.
How to flash Avatar Android 4.3 custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
- Download the custom ROM from here.
- Download the Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer, then move both zip files on your device’s internal SDcard.
- after the files are copied, disconnect the smartphone from PC.
- Power off the phone.
- Now boot it into CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode:
- both custom recovery variants will work with this post.
- recovery mode can be booted by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power all at the same time.
- release the buttons when the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- First you need to create the NANDROID Backup file of your phone’s currently installed ROM:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, save the file to internal storage.
- TWRP: press Backup, then name the file and confirm the process.
- Now you can apply Factory Reset for Note 2:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to apply the factory reset process.
- Next, flash the custom ROM file:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Avatar zip file and confirm its installation.
- TWRP: press Install, then find the ROM file. Load the Avatar ROM file and swipe to confirm the update.
- After the ROM is installed, repeat step 8 and flash the Gapps for Android 4.3 zip.
- When both files are installed, return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your smartphone now and wait for it to load the normal mode.
- Enter your Google Account details to take control over Avatar Android 4.3 Nightly ROM features.
These were all the instructions you had to follow in order to flash the latest Avatar ROM build. Note that the first boot process of this new ROM might take several minutes to load all files. If the first boot takes more than ten minutes to load or the device enters into a boot loop, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
If you have any other questions, then you should post them in our comments field below.