Carbon KitKat Nightly for Galaxy S3 T-Mobile can now be flashed using the instructions that I’ve listed in this post. Read the entire post and you should be able to complete the tutorial in no time.
Before starting the installation you should read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the T-Mobile Galaxy S3.
- do not attempt to update any other Galaxy S3 models with the files that you will find in this post.
- This guide works with rooted Galaxy S3.
- Also, your device has to run the latest CWM Recovery build.
- TWRP Recovery should work, too.
- A NANDROID Backup file for the installed ROM has to be created.
- this step is listed in the tutorial, so you shouldn’t skip it.
- Also, you need to Factory Reset the device.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, then confirm the process.
- this will wipe all data from system partition, while leaving the internal / external storage unaffected.
- the step is listed in the tutorial.
- Backup data from installed apps, SMS and other files using Helium for Android — guide here on how to use it.
- Sync Contacts with your Gmail account.
- guide here on how to successfully backup phone numbers and other similar People details.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This guide is for advanced Android users, so you shouldn’t blame us in case something goes wrong during installation.
- Read the entire post and don’t skip any steps.
- Check the phone’s battery power level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the device won’t switch off in the middle of the installation process.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash Carbon KitKat 4.4.2 ROM for T-Mobile Galaxy S3:
- Download the latest build of this ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for this new ROM from here.
- Connect your phone with your computer, then move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
- after you copy the files you can disconnect the device from PC.
> do not unzip the contents of the archives.
- Power off your device and then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- if you don’t know how to Recovery, then you should learn using the info listed here.
- Create the NANDROID ROM backup for your device:
- select ‘backup and restore’, then confirm process.
- Next, apply Factory Reset:
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
- Now you can flash the Carbon Nightly ROM for your Galaxy S3 T-Mobile:
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- find the ROM file and confirm installation.
- After the ROM is flashed you need to install Gapps zip too. Do it using the same actions as in step 7.
- Get back to the main custom Recovery screen and then boot the phone in normal mode.
> note that the first boot process takes a while to complete which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons during boot.
- Enter your Google Account info and take control over your device.
These were all the steps that you had to follow in order to update your device with a brand new Android 4.4.2 custom ROM.
If the installation of Carbon KitKat Nightly ROM fails at the first attempt, then you can choose to repeat the entire tutorial more than once. For any extra questions use the comments field below.