Flash CM 10.1.0 Stable Build Android 4.2.2-based ROM for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus
CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Stable is now available for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus smartphone. To update your device with this latest build, you should read this entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any steps in the process. For successfully installing all the required files, you need to know how to use Custom Recovery and your device has to be rooted.
CM 10.1.0 Stable is the first release in this Stable series, it is better and much more reliable than the CM 10.1 Nightlies, M Snapshot or Release Candidate builds. You have to take a look at the preparation guide below before starting the updating process. Here’s what you need to know in order to correctly flash CM 10.1.0 for your Sprint Galaxy Nexus:
- use this post only with the Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE smartphone.
- do not attempt to install the CM 10.1.0 Stable files you find here on any other variant of Samsung Galaxy Nexus, as you will end up bricking it.
- your device has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
- this guide is based on CWM Recovery, but it will work with TWRP variant too.
- use the custom Recovery to create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM before starting the installation of CM 10.1.0 Stable ROM.
- backup all installed apps data using any tool you want from the Google Play Store, as this process will wipe the system partition.
- if you wish to backup SMS, Call Logs info or APN Internet Settings, then you can use this small tools: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access has to be granted for some of these apps.
- the internal storage of your device won’t be affected by the Factory Reset step.
- to backup Contacts phone numbers and other data, you need to sync with your Gmail account. Guide here.
- enable USB debugging from Developer Options.
- make sure that your device has enough power left in its battery, so that the phone won’t switch while you’re installing the CM 10.1.0 Stable ROM files.
- this is a guide for more advanced users, as we cannot be blamed in case something goes wrong and your device gets bricked or you lose important data in the process.
I think that this is all the info that you had to go over before continuing to the next part of this article. Don’t skip any steps.
How to flash CM 10.1.0 Final / Stable ROM for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
- Download CM 10.1.0 zip for ‘toroplus’ device from HERE.
> save it on your PC and don’t unzip.
- Download Gapps zip from HERE.
> this is the file that will install all Google-based apps. Do not unzip.
- Connect the Sprint GNex with your PC via USB cable. Now move both files onto its internal SDcard and when the files are copied, disconnect the phone from PC.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into CWM Recovery Mode.
> if you have TWRP, don’t worry as it will work. But, you have to carefully find the corresponding options and apply them to get the new ROM installed. Ask for more help in comments if you’re having problems.
- Now, select ‘backup and restore’ option. Create a NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM, so that you’ll have a restoring point for your device.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm.
- Next, select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the CM 10.1.0 Stable zip ROM file and confirm its installation.
- When the new ROM files are installed, select again ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Now find the Gapps zip. Install it.
- After both files have been successfully flashed, return to the main Recovery screen. Select ‘reboot system now’.
- Enter the Google Account details when you’re at the main Recovery screen.
- Take control over your device and test all of its new features. Tell us in comments if your Galaxy Nexus works better with this new CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Stable ROM than it did until now.
If the first boot process of CM 10.1.0 Stable ROM takes too long to complete, or the phone enters into a boot loop, then you will have to power it off completely. After that you should repeat the entire tutorial once again and make sure that this time you won’t skip any steps.
I hope that you did manage to update your device. For any questions regarding the installation use the comments field below.