CyanogenMod team has launched the official CM 10.1.2 ROM for the Sprint Galaxy nexus device. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully update your smartphone using the new Android 4.2.2-based custom ROM.
If you wish to update your device successfully then you should read the preparation guide below:
- use this post only with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus device.
- don’t attempt to update any other smartphone’s using the info I’ve listed here.
- your phone has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom ROM recovery image such as TWRP.
- make sure to backup all data that is currently stored on your phone’s system partition, as the tutorial will ‘factory reset’ your device.
- the contents of the internal SD card will not be wiped by the factory reset.
- backup SMS, Call Logs info and APN internet Settings using these apps: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access is needed for some of these tools.
- sync your Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- enable USB Debugging.
- make sure that the phone’s battery power levels are over 50%.
- don’t blame us in case you brick the phone or you lose any important files in the process.
- this is a guide for advanced users.
- read the entire post and don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed.
Now that you know all that continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash CM 10.1.2 Stable Android 4.2.2 JB custom ROM for Sprint Galaxy Nexus:
- Download the CM 10.1.2 Stable ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.2.2-based ROMs from here.
- Connect the phone with your PC and then move both zip files on your device’s internal SDcard.
- After the files are copied, disconnect the device from PC.
- Power off your smartphone now.
- Boot Sprint Galaxy Nexus into Bootloader mode and then select the Recovery Mode option. Boot into Recovery.
- The TWRP Recovery menu should appear and you need to select ‘backup’ option. Confirm that you wish to make a NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM.
- Next, press Wipe button and then Factory Reset. Confirm.
- Now you can flash the custom ROM by clicking the ‘Install’ button.
- Find the CM 10.1.2 Stable ROM zip on your phone’s internal SDcard. Confirm that you wish to install it by sliding the blue button shown at the bottom of the screen.
- After the ROM is installed, press again Install.
- Find the Gapps zip and flash this file too.
- When both files have been successfully installed, return to the main TWRP Recovery screen.
- Press Reboot, then press on System button.
- Wait for the CM 10.1.2 Stable ROM first boot process to complete and then enter your Google Account details in order to take control over your smartphone’s new functions.
- Test the CyanogenMod 10.1.2 Stable ROM now.
I hope that you managed to update your smartphone and that now you’re testing this new ROM. If you didn’t manage to install the new ROM at the first attempt, then you should repeat the entire tutorial once again. If you try to flash the new ROM a second time, then you should make sure that you don’t any steps in the process.
For any other questions use the comments field below.