Flash CM 10.1 M1 Snapshot ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GSM) P3100
CyanogenMod has reached its 10.1 version which is based on the Android 4.2.1 and now you can learn how to successfully flash it for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GSM variant. Before getting to the tutorial, you will first have to read the entire post and then you can begin the installation. This is a guide that can be completed by advanced users as well as users with the basic Android knowledge when it comes to using CWM recovery and flashing a custom ROM.
This CM 10.1 M1 snapshot is a custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. It is a more stable variant compared to the CM 10.1 Nightly builds and that is why CyanogenMod enthusiasts should upgrade. It packs tons of features and functions that should improve the overall performance of our device. In order to make sure that you can complete the install at your first attempt, you need to read the guidelines below:
- use this guide only for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GSM variant with the P3100 model number. Do not attempt to flash this build of CM10.1 on any other smartphone as you might end up bricking it.
- Your tablet should be rooted and running a custom Recovery image, as otherwise you cannot flash the new ROM.
- Use ClockworkMod Recovery to create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM. It will act as cover in case you cannot boot your tablet after installing the new ROM or you lose data in the process. Also, the ROM backup will be extremely useful for users who might not like this build of CM10.1 M1 ROM.
- Enable USB debugging option.
- Move all important data on to your computer or you can choose to place it on the device’s internal SD card. This action is required as the tutorial will ask you to wipe data from the /system partition in order to reset to factory settings your device before flashing CM 10.1 M1 OS.
- Charge the phone’s battery so that you won’t see the phone powering off in the middle of the ROM installation process.
- Do not blame us in case something goes wrong and you brick the phone, or you lose any data files in the process. This is a guide that should be applied by Android users with basic knowledge of CWM Recovery, flashing custom ROMs and other customization files.
- Read the entire post and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I have listed in the tutorial.
- If you cannot complete the install, then you should ask for more help in comments. Make sure to leave a detailed comment so that we will be able to come with the best solution for your problems.
I think that these are all the preparation guidelines you had to go over them before getting to the tutorial. Now that you know all of the above you can begin to install this new custom ROM on your tablet.
How to install CM 10.1 M1 build ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 GSM:
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.1 M1 Snapshot zip from HERE. Save the file on your computer and don’t unzip.
- Now you should download the Gapps zip for CM 10.1 from HERE. You have to flash this file in order to get all the required Google apps for your tablet. Save the file on computer and don’t extract its contents.
- Connect the Galaxy Tab 2 to your computer and move these files on to its internal SD card. Disconnect the tablet from PC when the files are copied with success. Next, power off the tablet.
- Boot it into CWM Recovery mode. It can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power simultaneously. NOTE: use the ‘backup and restore’ option and create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM. NOTE: you can choose not to create a backup in case you already have one.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this action. NOTE: You can skip this step if you’re tablet is already on a CM 10.1 ROM.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ‘CM10.1 M1 zip’ and confirm the installation.
- Now, after the installation of the ROM you should select again ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Install the Gapps zip and then get back to the main recovery screen.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ when both zips have been installed with success.
- Now you should wait for the first boot process to complete. This will take at least 4 minutes and you should until the welcoming screen appears.
- Enter the Google Account you wish to use in order to control your tablet.
- Now you can begin to test all the functions and features of this new ROM.
NOTE: In case your device is unable to go past the Samsung boot animation logo or it gets into a boot loop, then it means that the ROM wasn’t installed successfully. Power off the device completely and then repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 4. This time you have to make sure that you apply step 5 and the CM 10.1 M1 ROM will install eventually, as these are common problems when it comes to flash custom ROMs for Android devices.
In case you cannot complete the install then you can ask for more help in comments. Also, if you don’t like the new ROM then you can choose to use the CWM Recovery and restore the previous ROM of your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet.