The CyanogenMod 10.1 3rd M snapshot build based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean has been released for the Google Nexus 10 tablet and, you can learn how to install it successfully using the guide below.
This latest snapshot of the CM 10.1 M3 ROM is much more stable than all the previous Nightly builds. It packs the same features but it brings better ROM that should offer you the possibility to test all parts of your tablet. If you want to install this CM 10.1 M3 on your Google Nexus 10, then you should first read the guidelines below:
- Use this tutorial only with the Google Nexus 10 tablet. Don’t try to flash these files on any other Android device as you will end up bricking it.
- The Nexus 10 tablet you’re about to update has to be rooted, running a custom Recovery and having its bootloader unlocked.
- Create a NANDROID backup of your current ROM using the CWM Recovery mode. You can also use the TWRP Recovery if you have that one installed. This will set a restore point for your tablet and you can use it in case something goes wrong and the new OS doesn’t boot.
- Backup all your important data before moving to the tutorial. You will have to ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ the tablet before installing the new ROM.
- Make sure that your tablet’s battery has enough power left before it switches off.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Android Developer Options.
- Don’t skip any steps that I have listed in the tutorial.
- In case you cannot complete the installation, then you should ask for more help in our comments section.
These were all the preparation steps you had to take before starting the installation.
NOTE: In case your tablet is already running on a previous build of CM 10.1 M snapshot or Nightlies, then you can skip the ‘factory reset’ step and install the new ROM over its old build.
How to flash CM 10.1 M3 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM for the Google Nexus 10:
- Download the CM 10.1 M3 ROM zip from HERE. Save the file on your PC and don’t unzip its contents.
- Download the Gapps for Android 4.2.2 ROMs from HERE. Do not unzip and save the file on your computer.
- Next, connect your tablet with your PC. Move the downloaded files on your tablet’s internal SD card. When the files are copied you can disconnect it from your computer.
- Power off the tablet.
- Boot the tablet into Recovery mode.
- When you’re at the main custom Recovery menu, select ‘backup and restore’. Create a NANDROID backup of your current OS.
- Next, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this process. NOTE: in case your tablet is already sporting a previous build of CM 10.1 ROM, then you can skip this step.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the CM 10.1 M3 custom ROM file and confirm that you wish to install it.
- After you install the ROM, you will have to select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and install the Gapps file. Confirm this process.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select ‘reboot system now’ when all the files have been successfully installed.
Now that you’ve successfully flashed the new CyanogenMod 10.1 M3 ROM, you can begin to test all of its new features and customize the entire interface.
In case you didn’t manage to complete the tutorial at your first attempt, then you should repeat the entire tutorial once again. Make sure that you don’t skip any steps that I have listed. Make sure to apply the actions that I’ve listed in step 6. In case you have any other questions regarding the installation of this new ROM, then you should post them in our comments section below.