The CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies are now available for your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, the International Exynos model. Read this post and you should be able to complete the tutorial easily without losing any important data in the process.
CM 11 is based on pure AOSP Android 4.4.2 KitKat, it features tons of functions that were created by the CyanogenMod team. If you want to learn more about their work, then follow the link here. In order to make sure that you successfully update your phone, you should first take a look at the guidelines below:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
- do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will in this post.
- your Galaxy S2 I9100 has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM Recovery.
- make sure that the custom Recovery is updated to its latest version, as otherwise you won’t be able to flash any KitKat custom ROMs.
- when you reach the tutorial you will find the NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset steps, don’t skip them.
- creating a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM will ensure that you have a restore point to use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot or in case you simply don’t like how your devices works with it.
- Factory Reset will delete all data stored on your system partition.
- Factory Reset will not wipe any files from your phone’s internal nor external storage.
- backup data from installed apps, SMS text messages and other similar data using the Helium tool for Android – here.
- sync contacts with your Gmail account before installing the new ROM.
- learn from here if you don’t know how to do it.
- this guide is for advanced users, do not skip any steps and read all info listed in this article; you should manage to complete installation in under ten minutes.
- check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that your phone will not switch off in the middle of the process.
- do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
Flash CM 11 Android 4.4.2 Nightly for Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download the latest build from here.
- make sure to download the latest build possible.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.2 ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC and then move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
- after the files are copied you can disconnect the phone from your PC.
- do not unzip the archived files.
- Power off your device now.
- Next, boot the phone in CWM Recovery mode.
- if you can’t boot Recovery, then you can learn using the info listed here. -> that’s a guide for Galaxy S4, but it applies for S2 model, too.
- First, create a full NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
- select ‘backup and restore’, then you need to name the file and confirm process.
- Now you should apply the Factory Reset process:
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm.
> do not skip this step unless your device is already sporting a previous CM 11 Nightly build.
- Install the CM 11 KitKat Nightly ROM for Galaxy S2 now:
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- find the ROM zip and confirm the installation.
- Install Gapps zip now using the same actions as in step 8.
- After the files are flashed you can return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode.
- note that the first boot process of your new ROM will take several minutes to load all new files.
- don’t press any buttons until the home screen of your phone appears.
- Use the Google Account or CyanogenMod Profile to log into your device.
- now that the installation is complete you can start testing all the new features.
I hope that you did manage to complete the installation of this new CM 11 Android 4.4.2 Nightly for Galaxy S2 I9100.
For any other questions, use the comments field below.