Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully update your LG G2 with one of the most popular Android 4.4.2 custom ROMs, the CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies.
This custom ROM is one of the most stable and better ROMs currently available for your LG G2 device. It packs all the Android 4.4 KitKat features as well as some other CyanogenMod-based elements designed by the CM team.
You can learn more about CM and their work by visiting their website.
Now, if you want to install the brand new CyanogenMod 11 Nightly for your LG G2 smartphone, then you should first read the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the LG G2 D802 phone.
- check your phone’s model number and confirm that it is D802 before getting to the tutorial.
- your LG G2 has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
- without a custom ROM you cannot flash any new firmware files.
- in the tutorial you will find the ‘nandroid backup’ and ‘factory reset’ steps, don’t skip them.
- the backup allows you to have a restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t install correctly and your device fails to boot.
- factory reset wipes the data from system partition and it is mandatory, as otherwise your LG G2 will not boot normallly.
- if you want to save some data from installed apps then you should use Helium for Android.
- sync Contacts using your default Gmail account.
- read this entire post and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that are listed in the tutorial.
- check the phone’s battery charge level, it has to be over 50% before you get to install the new ROM, otherwise your phone will switch off in the middle of the installation.
- use this guide only if you’re an advanced user and you know what you’re doing.
- do not blame us in case you brick your phone nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
Now that you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this guide and learn how to flash a new ROM for your phone.
How to install CyanogenMod 11 Nightly ROM for LG G2:
- Download the latest CM 11 Nightly build from here.
- Download Gapps for this KitKat custom ROM from here.
- Connect the LG G2 to your PC via USB Cable. Move both zip files to your phone’s internal SD.
- if you can’t move files then you might get help from this guide.
- don’t extract the zip files and make sure to disconnect the phone after the files are copied.
- Power off the LG G2 now.
- Next, boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed OS:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, set a name for the file. Confirm.
- TWRP: press Backup, name the restore point. Swipe to confirm process.
- Apply Factory Reset for your LG G2:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm factory reset.
- Now you can install the new CM 11 Nightly build for your smartphone:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM file and confirm installation.
- TWRP: press Install, find the ROM file. Swipe to confirm the process.
- After the CyanogenMod 11 ROM is flashed on your LG G2 you should flash Gapps zip, too. Use the same instructions as in step 8.
- When all files are installed you can return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode now.
Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your smartphone once again.
I hope that you’ve managed to successfully install the CM 11 Nightly ROM for your LG G2 device. If you need more help please use the comments field.