Verizon Galaxy Note 2 now can be updated to Android 4.4.4 custom ROM using the CM 11 M8 Snapshot custom ROM. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install this new stable CM 11 build.
If you want to learn how to successfully update your device with this brand new custom ROM you will first have to read the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Verizon variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number I605.
– check the model number of your device and make sure that it is set to I605.
– do not attempt to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- in order to be able to flash a custom ROM for your device you will first have to own a rooted device.
– your phone also needs to have a custom Recovery installed on it
– both CWM and TWRP custom Recoveries will work with this post.
- this is a tutorial that will ask you to create a full NANDROID Backup and apply a Factory Reset.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t install correctly.
– the Factory Reset is required and you should apply it in order to remove all the data installed by the previous ROM.
- in case you want to save some data from installed apps, SMS text messages or other files, then you should try to use the Helium tool for Android.
- sync Contacts data and People details with your default Gmail account.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick your phone.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- check your Note 2 battery charge level and make sure that there is at least 50% left before it completely switches off.
Continue to the next part of this post when you’re ready for the installation.
How to flash CM 11 M8 Android 4.4.4 Snapshot on your Verizon Galaxy Note 2 I605:
- Download the CM 11 M8 Snapshot zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC, then move both zip files to its internal storage.
– after the files are copied you should continue to the next step.
– in case you’ve used your phone to download the files, then you should ignore this step.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot your device in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode:
- First thing that you need to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, set a file name for it, confirm process.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and swipe to confirm.
- Apply the ‘Factory Reset’ now:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe and confirm.
- Now you can begin the installation process of CM 11 M8 Snapshot on your device:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the CM 11 M8 Snapshot zip file and confirm the installation.
- After the ROM is installed you can use step 8 actions once again and flash Gapps zip, too.
- When all the files are installed you should reboot your device in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process will take a while to complete and you should not press any buttons until the boot is complete.
- Use your login info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to follow in order to update your device with a brand new Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM like the stable CM 11 M8 Snapshot build.
If the installation fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once. Use the comments field in case you need more help.