The Snapshot Stable build of CM 11 M9 is now available for both Wi-Fi and LTE models of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet. Read this whole tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install it on your device.
Learn more about this release here and here. In order to successfully install this new ROM and make sure that your tablet meets all requirements, then you will need to take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only for the Wi-Fi and LTE models of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet.
– these tablets have the model numbers set to N5110 for Wi-Fi and N5120 for the LTE variant.
– do not attempt to update any other Android users with the files that you will find in this post.
- your tablet needs to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- before installing the new ROM you will need to apply a NANDROID Backup and a Factory Reset.
– the NANDROID Backup: this process creates a full restore point.
– the Factory Reset: it wipes the system memory and removes all the files installed by the previous ROM.
– factory Reset doesn’t wipe the internal nor external storage of your device.
- if you want to save data from installed apps then you can use Helium for Android.
– Contacts can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- read the whole guide and make sure not to skip any steps that I’ve listed in the tutorial.
- note that this guide has to be used by advanced users, do not blame us in case you end up bricking your device nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- check the tablet’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the tablet from switching off during install.
Now you can get to the installation part of this post.
How to flash CM 11 M9 Snapshot ROM for Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi and LTE:
- Download the CM 11 M9 Snapshot from the links below:
– for Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi N5120 click here to download.
– for Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE N5110 click here to download.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your tablet to your PC and move both zip files onto its internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the Note 8.0 device from PC.
– do not unzip the files.
– if you’ve used the tablet to download the files then you can skip this step.
- Power off the tablet.
- Next, boot it into Custom Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP will work with this guide.
- Create a NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: Press backup option.
– confirm process and set an easy to find file name for the backup zip.
- Now you need to apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe option.
– confirm process.
- Start the installation process of CM 11 M9 KitKat 4.4.4 ROM for your Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE or Wi-Fi:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm the process. Do not press any buttons until all files are installed on your computer.
- When the ROM is installed you can flash Gapps zip, too. Use the same actions as in step 8.
- Reboot the tablet in normal mode after the installation is complete.
– note that the first boot process of your device might take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use you Google account or the CyanogenMod profile info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to follow in order to complete the installation of CM 11 M9 Snapshot for your Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi or LTE model.
If the install fails, then you should try to repeat the entire guide more than once. Use the comments field if you need more help.