The International Galaxy S4 Mini is now ready for an upgrade to Android 4.4.4 using the CM 11 M9 Snapshot ROM. This is the stable version of CM 11 and it should perform better than the Nighlty CM 11 builds, so you need to use this guide in order to learn how to install it on your Android device.
- use this post only for the International Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE device.
– the model number of your phone has to be GT – I9195, check this version under Settings> About Phone.
- your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM / TWRP custom Recovery image.
– both CWM and TWRP are working with this guide.
- in the tutorial you will find the following extra steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– don’t skip any of these steps.
– ‘factory reset’ will wipe the data from the system memory, it will not delete any files from the internal nor external storage.
- in case you wish to save any data from installed apps, then you can use the Helium tool for Android.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- make sure to charge the phone’s battery and that it is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from powering down during update.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you end up losing any data in the process.
- read the entire tutorial and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that are listed below.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to flash a brand new KitKat ROM for your device.
How to install CM 11 M9 Android 4.4.4 ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195:
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone to computer, then move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files and disconnect the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE from computer after the files are copied.
– if you’ve downloaded the files straight to your phone, then you can skip this step.
- Power off the device now.
- Next, boot the device in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode.
- First thing that you need to do is to create a NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press backup option.
– set a name for the file and confirm the process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe option.
– confirm process.
- Start the installation process of CM 11 M9 KitKat 4.4.4 ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the new ROM file and confirm its installation.
- After the CyanogenMod 11 M9 is flashed you can install Gapps zip, too.
- When all files are flashed you can reboot the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your Google Account info or create a new CyanogenMod profile in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the update to Android 4.4.4 KitKat using CM 11 M9 Snapshot Stable custom ROM.
In case you cannot complete the installation you should ask for more help in comments. Also, you can repeat the whole guide until all the files are successfully installed.