The official CM 11 Final and Stable custom ROM is now available for all the Verizon HTC One M7 devices. Check the info below in order to learn how to successfully flash this brand new ROM.
CM 11 Snapshot is based on Android 4.4.4 KiKat AOSP builds, it packs all the stock Android features as well as multiple others that were designed by the CyanogenMod team. Check their blog post here for more info on this release.
Before you can begin the CM 11 Android 4.4.4 Final ROM flashing process you should read the guidelines below:
- use this post only for the Verizon HTC One M7 smartphones.
– do not attempt to flash the files in this article on any other devices.
- your phone has to be on an unlocked bootloader and it should be rooted.
– also, it should pack a custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
– the installed custom Recovery needs to be updated to its latest version in order to support the latest Android 4.4.4 custom ROM builds.
- in the tutorial part of this post you will find two extra preparation steps like the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset.
– do not skip these steps.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your phone, this can be used in case the new CM 11 ROM doesn’t bot in normal mode after the installation is done.
– the ‘factory reset’ process wipes clean the system memory partition, but it won’t delete any data from the internal storage.
– factory reset removes the old ROM and it allows you to flash a brand new CM 11 Snapshot ROM on a clean partition.
- if you wish to save data from installed applications, then you should try Helium for Android.
– the Titanium Backup tool doesn’t work with most CM 11-based ROMs.
- sync Contacts with the default Google account that you’ve assigned for your phone.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- this guide is destined for advanced users, we cannot be held responsible in case you brick the device nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- check your phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent it from powering down during installation.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully install the new ROM.
How to install CM 11 Snapshot Android 4.4.4 ROM for Verizon HTC One M7:
- Download the CM 11 zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for CM 11 ROMs from here.
- Transfer both files to your phone’s internal storage.
– after you have moved the files you can disconnect the device from PC.
– do not unzip these files.
- Switch off your device.
- Now boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Set the NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: select the ‘backup’ option.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Apply the ‘factory reset’ now:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ options menu.
– confirm the process.
- Start the CM 11 Final ROM installation:
– for CWM open ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option.
– for TWRP tap on ‘install’.
- Find the CM 11 zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the CM 11 Snapshot ROM has been flashed you can install the Gapps zip too.
- Reboot your smartphone in normal mode after all the new files are successfully installed.
– the first boot might take a while before it completes, but you should wait until the home screen appears.
- Use your usual Google account in order to regain complete control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of a brand new Android 4.4.4 CM 11 build for your device.
In case you cannot complete the guide, then you should ask for more help in comments.