The official CM 12 Nightly ROM is now live for the 1st Gen Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE Verizon variant. Use this guide in order to learn how to flash a brand new custom ROM for your tablet without bricking its firmware.
The CyanogenMod 12 builds are some of the most popular custom ROMs out there as it offers a clean AOSP Android 5.0.2 environment by getting rid of all the TouchWiz bloatware files. Check the CM developing team website here.
Check the following guidelines before starting the installation process of this new ROM:
- use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE Verizon variant.
– your device should have the SCH-I925 model number.
– check the version of your tablet under Settings> About Device and make sure that the SCH-I925 version is listed there.
- don’t try to flash the files that you will find in this post on any other Android devices.
- your tablet should be rooted and running the latest build of either CWM or TWRP custom Recovery image.
– the installed custom Recovery needs to be upgraded to its latest version, so that it supports the latest Android 5.x ROM installations.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra steps like NANDROID Backup and People details.
– do not skip those steps.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a restore point for your device, it can be used in case the new CM 12 Nightly ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the ‘factory reset’ process wipes clean the data from the system’s memory partition, it basically removes the old ROM and allows you to install a new different ROM on your tablet.
– ‘factory reset’ doesn’t remove any data from installed applications.
- check the Helium app if you want to save data from installed apps or any other type of files that are similar.
– Contacts and People details should be synced with your default Gmail account.
- your tablet’s battery charge level has to be over 50%, it prevents the device from powering down during installation.
- do not use this guide if you’re a novice.
– we cannot be held responsible in case you end up losing any data nor in case you brick the device.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
Make sure to continue updating the installed CM 12 Nightly with new Nightlies using the CyanogenMod Updates menu under Settings> About Device menu.
How to flash CM 12 Nightly ROM for Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE I925:
- Download the CM 12 Nightly ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for CM 12 ROMs here.
- Now you should move both zip files to your tablet’s internal storage.
– don’t unzip these files.
– disconnect the tablet from PC after all files are successfully copied.
- Power off the device.
- Now boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup first:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press ‘backup’.
– set a name for this file and confirm process.
- Factory Reset your device now:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press ‘wipe’.
– continue to the next step after the process is complete.
- Start CM 12 Nightly installation for your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE Verizon tablet:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press ‘install’.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm the installation process.
- Install the Gapps zip too after all the new CM 12 files have been flashed.
- Reboot the tablet in normal mode after all the files have been successfully installed.
– the first boot process might take a while before it completes, do note press any buttons.
- Use your Google account or create a new CM 12 profile in order to take control over your device once again.
NOTE: if the first boot process takes too long to complete, it doesn’t go past the boot animation after 30 minutes have passed, or it enters into a boot loop, then you will be forced to repeat the whole guide more than once.
Use the comments field below if you need any extra help.