The all new CM 14.1 Nightlies are now live for all the T-Mobile LG G4 smartphones. If you want to install this new custom ROM for your device, then this is the tutorial that you should use in order to learn how to do it.
CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies are not official Android 7.1 builds, but you will still get all stock Nougat features as well as tons of other great extra features designed by the CM team. Please note that by installing a custom ROM you will lose some of the original LG G4 apps such as LG Camera, and other similar apps.
If you want to test this new custom ROM on your T-Mobile LG G4 phone, then you should first check the following guidelines:
- use this article and the instructions below only with the T-Mobile LG G4 H811 smartphones.
– the model of your device has to be the H811 version, and you can verify this by going to Settings> About Phone section.
- don’t update any other different LG G4 models with the files that you will find in this post.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps like NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset process.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition, it won’t delete any data from internal storage, but it will remove all the installed applications.
- if you need to save data from installed apps you can use the Helium app for Android phones.
- this is a guide that needs to be used by advanced users only.
- we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data files in the process.
- check battery charge level of your device, make sure that there is at least 50% charge left before the device powers off completely.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash CM 14.1 Nightly Android 7.1 ROM for LG G4 T-Mobile H811:
- Download CM 14.1 Nightly “h811” zip from here.
- Download the Gapps for Android 7.1 ROMs zip from here.
- When the files are downloaded successfully you can move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect your device from PC.
– do not unzip these files.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot the LG G4 T-Mobile in Custom TWRP Recovery Mode.
- First thing that you need to do is to setup the NANDROID Backup file for the ROM already installed on your device.
Select ‘Backup’ option.
- Next you have to Factory Reset your device. Select ‘wipe’ option and confirm process.
- Start the CM 14.1 Nightly zip installation by tapping on INSTALL options menu.
- Find the CM 14.1 Nightly zip and load it in TWRP. Swipe the blue button to confirm the flashing process.
- When the custom ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip in the same way.
- Reboot your LG G4 in normal mode after the CM 14.1 and Gapps zip files are done installing.
- Use your usual Google account in order to regain complete control over your smartphone once again.
These were the steps that you had to take in order to complete the CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightly ROM installation on your LG G4 T-Mobile smartphone.
After the installation of this new custom ROM is done you can go to Settings> About Phone> CyanogenMod Updates section to verify if there are any new files ready for download. If a new CM 14.1 Nightly update build is ready to download you can confirm the process and then your smartphone will take care of the rest of the process by itself.
If you need any extra help completing this guide, then you can tell us in comments below.