The LG G4 International users are now able to run the newest CyanogenMod 14.1 builds based on Android 7.1 Nougat releases.
If you wish to install this custom ROM on your phone, then this is the tutorial that you should follow. The new official Nightly builds of CM 14.1 custom ROMs are based on the stock Android 7.1 Nougat builds, which means that you might find some errors and bugs while testing them. Make sure that after you complete the installation you will report back to CyanogenMod team all the bugs you find during testing.
Before flashing the new custom ROM you should check the following guidelines first:
- use the article only for the LG G4 International Unlocked devices.
– the version of your phone has to be the H815 one.
- do not try to flash any file that you find in this post on any other different LG G4 model.
- in the tutorial part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps like NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset steps.
– the NANDROID Backup is used to set a restore point for your ROM that’s currently the default OS of your LG G4 device.
– the Factory Reset has to be applied in order to remove the old custom ROM, and to force your smartphone to boot in normal mode with the new CM 14.1 ROM build.
– the Factory Reset doesn’t remove any data from the internal storage of your phone, but you will see all installed apps removed in the process along with the previously installed ROM.
- if you wish to save data from installed applications you can use the Helium tool for Android.
- this is a tutorial that needs to be used only by advanced users, as we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data files in the process.
- check the battery charge level of your device, there needs to be over 50% charge left before the phone powers off completely.
- read the whole post and do not skip any steps.
How to Install Official CM 14.1 Nightly ROM based on Android 7.1 for LG G4 H815:
Remember that these are Nightly builds of CM 14.1 and you will find errors and bugs while testing them, which is why you should use the custom ROM at your own risk.
- Download CM 14.1 Nightly zip for H815 devices from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 7.1-based ROMs from here.
- When these are downloaded successfully you have to move them to your phone’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– disconnect your phone from PC after the files are successfully copied on your device.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot your LG G4 in TWRP Custom Recovery mode.
- First thing you have to do is to setup the NANDROID BACKUP for the ROM that’s currently installed on your device:
Select ‘backup’ option, choose system files you wish to save and confirm process.
- Factory Reset your smartphone now. Select ‘Wipe’ options menu. Confirm process and continue to the next step when done.
- Now you can begin the CM 14.1 Nightly flashing process by opening the INSTALL menu.
Find and load the CM 14.1 Nightly zip in TWRP.
- Confirm the installation by swiping over the lower blue button in TWRP.
- After the custom ROM is done flashing you can install the Gapps zip in the same way.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode after all these files are done installing on your LG G4 device.
Use your default login info in order to regain control over your device once again. I hope you’ve managed to complete the new Cm 14.1 installation for your LG G4 device.
These were all the steps that you had to follow in order to install a brand new custom Nougat 7.1 ROM for your device. In case the installation fails you can tell us in comments and we will try to come up with solutions for you.
Also, you can choose to repeat the whole tutorial more than once until you manage to finish installation, but you have to make sure that you won’t skip any steps and that your phone meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.