Flash Ehndroix V Android 4.4.2 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
Ehndroix V is a brand new custom ROM that is based on AOSP Android 4.4.2 and CyanogenMod 11, it has been released by Nitro-developers team. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install it on your Galaxy S Plus device.
This custom ROM packs all the AOSP KitKat elements along with some other apps such as Titanium Backup, Apex Launcher and more others added by its developing team. If you want to learn more about it, then you can find more info in this XDA thread here or here, at the developer’s web page.
Before starting the installation of the ROM you will have to read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S PLUS model number I9001.
- this is a guide that will not work with other Galaxy S models.
- if you want to update the I9000 Galaxy S model, then you will find the tutorial here.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM Recovery.
- older versions of custom Recovery will not flash KitKat ROMs.
- A factory reset is required before installing this new ROM.
- Backup data from installed applications using the Helium tool for Android from here.
- Sync Contacts info with your Gmail account.
- if you don’t know how to do it, then you can follow the info listed here.
- This guide is for advanced users, do not skip any steps and ask for extra help in comments in case you cannot complete the guide.
- Read the entire post before starting the installation, as you wouldn’t want to forget something and fail the update.
- Check your phone’s battery charge and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the device won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This guide is for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
Note that since this is a release based on the latest KitKat OS, then you will notice a worse battery life than before. That’s why you have to use this guide only in case you wish to test the ROM.
Flash EHNDROIX V Android 4.4.2 ROM for Galaxy S Plus I9001:
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect the Galaxy S Plus to your PC and then move both zip files to its internal storage.
- disconnect the phone from computer, then boot the device in normal mode.
- don’t unzip the files.
- Power off your phone, then boot it in CWM Recovery Mode.
- First, create a NANDROID ROM Backup for the installed OS:
- select ‘backup and restore’, name the file, confirm.
- Now you can Factory Reset the phone:
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
> this will not delete data from internal nor external sdcards.
> only the /system partition is wiped.
- Install the new ROM now:
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- find the EHNDROIX V KitKat zip file and confirm the installation.
- Flash Gapps zip after the ROM is installed using the same actions as in step 7.
- After all files are installed you should get back to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your phone now in normal mode.
- note that the first boot process of your device will take a while to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until the home screen is shown.
- Enter your Google Account info and take control over your Galaxy S Plus now.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of EHNDROIX V KitKat ROM for your Galaxy S Plus I9001.
NOTE: if the first boot process takes more than five minutes to load all files, or the phone enters into a boot loop, then you should try to repeat the entire tutorial more than once.
- make sure to apply the Factory Reset step
- also, it would be best for you to apply the Format /System option, too.
I hope that you did manage to update your device and that right now you’re testing all of its brand new KitKat features.
If the new ROM doesn’t boot, or it does but you don’t like how your phone works with it, then you can always choose to restore your device to its previous installed OS using the file created in step 5. Use the comments field below in case you need any extra help.