Flash Huawei U8120 / Vodafone 845 Using Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
Huawei U8120 is the same device as the Vodafone 825 and now it can be updated using the Cyanogen Mod 9 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. All the instructions you need are listed in this post and, you can easily learn how to update it by reading all info here.
CyanogenMod 9 has been launched a few weeks ago and it has received positive criticism making it one of the most stable custom ROM releases for Huawei U8120 until now. Note that the CM9 is a custom ROM firmware and not an official release by Huawei, which remains silent over any release date for ICS 4.0.4 ICS firmware update. Make sure to read all the instructions listed in this article and you will successfully update it to the new ICS 4.0.4.
There are some elements confirmed to be working, but some other features are still limited. However, the developers of CM9 said to expect a new and improved release of their custom ROM that should fix all the bugs in the current version. Touchscreen, WiFi, Audio, Launcher, Bluetooth, Accelerometer, Gps, Lights, Virtual Keys, Lights, ADB, SD card mount, Data, SMS and Calling are fully supported. The cons of this update are the lack of improvement of Hardware acceleration, FM, Camera, D-Pad and the built-in wireless tethering works only in some applications. CyanogenMod 9 for Huawei a long road ahead of it, but there are rumors telling that in the near future updates and new releases should be made available for Huawei users.
This new update will root your device and this means that your device will lose its warranty. In case you wish to restore it you will have to re-install the stock firmware update for your Huaweri U8120. Please note that neither we, nor the developers of CM9 will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked or anything else goes wrong and your phone will be unusable afterwards. Make sure that you know how to open recovery mode and that you have basic rooting skills. Also, make sure to read all the instructions listed in the tutorial guide. Before starting to update your phone’s firmware you need to read the info below:
- you should backup all the video, music, pictures and any other important files you have currently stored on your Huawei smartphone.
- sync your Contacts with the Gmail account.
- enable USB Debugging.
- make sure that your device’s battery has at least 75% power levels so that it won’t switch off during the firmware flash process.
- disable or remove all the antivirus, antimalware and firewall apps from your phone.
That’s all the preparation info that you needed to know before moving to the tutorial guide. Now let’s move to the first step and learn how to successfully flash your Huawei U8120 / Vodafone 845 using CyanogenMod 9 4.0.4 ICS firmware update:
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery zip file.
- Download the CM Android 4.0.4 firmware zip package.
- Download Google Apps.
- Connect your Huawei phone with your PC and move all the above files on your phone’s SD card using the USB Cable.
- Disconnect the device and now you need to boot into Recovery mode. This can be done by rpessing Power+ Volume Up + Green key buttons.
- When in Recovery Mode you need to select ‘install zip from sd card’ and then ‘choose zip from sd card’ and select the Clockwork Mod recovery zip file.
- Now repeat the actions at step 6, but instead you need to select the ICS 4.0.4 Zip. After this one you need to select the Google Apps zip.
- Start the updating/ rooting process and wait until it is completed.
- When the flash has been finished you need to select ‘ ++Go Back’ and then select ‘reboot system now’ to restart the Huawei U8120.
- Wait at least five minutes until the home screen loads successfully. That’s it, your phone is now running the CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware update.
In case you notice that your device isn’t booting or it boots in the previous firmware version, then it means the update hasn’t been applied and you need to repeat all the steps listed in the above tutorial guide. This should be all the info you needed, in case you have any extra questions use the comments section and we will help you complete the installation of CM9 ICS 4.0.4 firmware file on your Huawei U8120 / Vodafone 845 smartphone.