Flash leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 (Wi-Fi Model)
This is a tutorial that will teach you how to successfully update your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi model with a leaked version of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stock firmware. Note that this is not an official update released by Samsung, as it is a leaked build in its testing phase only.
The final version of the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for your Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi should be ready for a release by the end of next month. In order to make sure that you correctly update your device, you will first have to read the preparation guide below. Here’s what you need to know before continuing to the ‘how-to’ part of this post:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi model number N5110.
- do not use this tutorial with any other Android devices, as you will end up bricking it.
- if you tablet is running a rooted firmware or any other customizations have been applied, then you will most likely lose all the data from your device.
- backup all the important files before starting the installation.
- installing this leaked XXCMG2 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM will restore the warranty for your Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet.
- make sure that your computer has all the Samsung USB Drivers installed on it. Without these you cannot connect the tablet with your computer, that will prevent from installing any firmware updating files.
- make sure that Samsung KIES software is disabled completely before starting the update.
- disable all the antivirus programs from running on your device.
- this is a guide for advanced Android users.
- it is not recommended for you to use this guide in case you don’t know what you’re doing and you’ve never used ODIN nor flashed any official stock firmware for your tablet.
- we cannot be blamed in case you lose any data or you brick the device.
- make sure to read the entire tutorial and not to skip any steps that I have listed in this post.
- make sure that your tablet has enough power left before completely discharging during the installation.
- for any extra questions use the comments field at the end of the article.
Now that you know all of the above, I think that you need to continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully upgrade your tablet with a leaked Jelly Bean firmware.
How to update Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 with leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXCMG2 firmware:
- Download the N5110XXCMG2 zip file from HERE.
- When the download is complete, extract its contents and save the files on your computer.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from HERE. Extract its files.
- Power off your tablet.
- Boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Launch Odin exe on your PC.
- Now, connect your device to your PC via USB data cable.
> ODIN will say that the device has been ‘Added!!’, which means that you can continue to the next step.
- Next, click the ‘CODE’ button in ODIN and then browse your PC for the CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar. Load it into Odin.
- Click CSC and then browse the PC for the CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship.tar . Load this into Odin.
- Click PIT and load the kona_wifi.pit
- Make sure to enable the Re-Partition option.
- Press the START button when you want to begin the updating process.
- When the update is complete, ODIN will say ‘PASS’ and then tablet will reboot into normal mode. Disconnect it from your PC.
- That’s it, now your Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi should be running a leaked Jelly Bean 4.2.2 stock OS.
If you have any problems with this firmware, then you should restart it into Recovery Mode and apply a ‘Wipe / Factory Reset’ action. This will remove all data from your device, but it will force it to boot with the new operating system.
If you have any other questions, use the comments field below.