Update Motorola Droid Pro Using Official Android 2.3 Gingerbread ( 4.7.3.XT610 )
There were some rumors about the release of a new official Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the Motorola Droid PRO. In this post you can find instructions that helps you download and install the official Gingerbread release on your Droid PRO. For those of you who own such devices and do not wish to root it, then this official update is exactly what you need as it has been launched by Motorola and it has received the Android 2.3 gingerbread 4.7.3.XT610 firmware update.
The main enhancements for the Motorola Droid Pro that are comprised within 4.7.3.XT610 update were made to its security software and UI. After the update is applied, your device can be enabled using the Wireless Alerting System. The Digi Notar patch improved the device’s security software. The bug that forced your device to power ON automatically after it has been turned OFF. Multiple other bugs have been fixed and you shouldn’t experience any troubles with your Droid Pro. Before starting to apply the update you need to read the list of pre-requisites:
- back up all your data currently stored on your Motorola Droid Pro, so that in case something goes wrong you should be able to restore all your important video, audio, pictures and documents after the update is completed.
- try and save the APN and MMS settings so that the internet settings aren’t lost and you will be able to browse the web after installing this update.
- charge the phone’s battery until reaches over 75% power level so that it won’t turn OFF during the updating process.
- disable / remove all the antivirus/ antimalware and firewall software that is installed on your device.
- enable the USB debugging option via Settings/ Applications/ Development and here you need to tick the ‘usb debugging’ option.
Now that you know all that, you can move to the tutorial guide and learn how to successfully update your Motorola Droid Pro with the Official Android 2.3 Gingerbread 4.7.3.XT610 update. There are two methods that you can try, the OTA user initiated or the OTA Server initiated.
Update the Droid Pro using the OTA User Initiated method:
This method requires you to manually perform the update and it can be done easily by following the steps below:
- Press the Menu button on your device, then tap ‘Settings’ icon and go to About phone, then System Updates and select Download. For this to work you need to have an active data connection.
- Now you will be prompted to select when you want the update to be installed. Select ‘Install Now’ and your device will turn OFF and then a screen with the updating progress will be displayed.
- Wait until the update is completed and the notification screen appears. Tap the ‘OK’ and you’re done. The update of Android 2.3 Gingerbread 4.3.7 XT610 has been completed and you are free to test your phone with the brand new firmware installed.
Update your Motorola Droid PRO with the OTA Server initiated method:
This method is the easiest as you simply wait until the updating news appear as a notification window right on your Droid Pro screen. You simply select Download and then press ‘Install Now’ and wait until the updating process will be successfully completed. After the update is complete, tap the ‘OK’ and go ahead and give the new firmware a test run.
That would be all that you need to know in order to successfully apply the official Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on your smartphone. For any extra questions use the comments section.