The official Nightlies builds of CyanogenMod 10.2 are available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully update your smartphone with the latest build without bricking it. Make sure to read the entire post and don’t skip any steps.
CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean AOSP and it is one of the most popular custom ROMs. Learn more about CyanogenMod ROMs by visiting their official web page.
If you want to successfully flash the new ROM, then you should first take a look at the guidelines below:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE model number N7105, codenamed “t0lte”.
- Don’t attempt to use the CM 10.2 Nightly t0lte ROM files on any other Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE variant, as you will end up bricking it.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE that you’re about to update with the new custom ROM has to be factory unlocked and rooted.
- Also, it needs either CWM or TWRP Recovery to be installed, as otherwise you won’t be able to flash the new ROM.
- The tutorial will ask you to wipe data and factory reset the device. This will delete all the contents from system partition, while the internal and external sdcards data won’t be affected by this process.
– if your phone already runs on a previous CM 10.2 Nightly ROM, then you can skip the ‘factory reset’.
– if the phone runs on a previous CM 10.2 Nightly and you overwrite the older build with a new one, but then the phone is unable to boot in normal mode with the latest build, you will be forced to return to custom Recovery Mode and apply the ‘factory reset’. That will force the device to boot normal mode.
- Backup data of installed applications using Helium tool from Google Play Store here.
- Backup SMS text messages, call logs info and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access is required for some of these apps.
- Make sure to sync your Contacts info with your default Gmail account. Guide can be found HERE for those who don’t know how to sync this type of data.
- Make sure to create a NANDROID Backup for the currently installed ROM. This will set a restore point and it can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot correctly or in case you don’t like the CM 10.2 Nightlies build.
- This is a guide for advanced users, do not attempt to flash this new ROM in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Do not blame us in case you brick the phone, lose any data files or some other thing goes wrong during the installation process.
- If you encounter any problems while installing the new ROM, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this article.
Flash CM 10.2 Android 4.3 Nightly ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
- Download the latest CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly build from here.
- Download Gapps zip for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Use the USB cable and connect your Galaxy Note 2 LTE with your computer. Move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied, disconnect the device from PC.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE in Custom Recovery Mode.
– if you don’t know how to do that follow this link here to learn.
- When you’re in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode, the first thing that you need to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your device.
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, save the backup to your device’s internal storage.
– TWRP: press Backup, select the files you wish to backup. Confirm.
- Next, apply the ‘factory reset’ for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe button, then Factory Reset. Confirm.
> remember that in case your device already runs on a previous CM 10.2 Nightly build, then you can skip this step.
> note that in case you skip this step and the phone doesn’t boot in normal mode, then you will need to return to this step and apply ‘factory reset’ for the phone to boot in normal mode.
- Now you can flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly build for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
– CWM: use the ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option. Find the CM 10.2 Nightly for t0lte zip. Confirm the installation.
– TWRP: press Install, browse the internal storage and load the CM 10.2 Nightly zip file. Confirm that you want to install it by swiping the blue button shown at the bottom of the screen.
- When the ROM is flashed, repeat step 8 and install Gapps zip.
- After both files are installed with success, return to the main CWM / TWRP Recovery screen. Reboot your device in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process takes a while before loading all the files.
– in case the device freezes at the Samsung boot animation or it enters into a boot loop, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again without skipping any steps.
- If the installation was applied successfully, then you should see the home screen of CM 10.2 ROM welcome screen and you simply need to enter your Google Account details in order to take control over your device.
That was the last step you had to take in order to complete the updating process for your Galaxy Note 2 smartphone.
If you have any problems with the installation or you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should leave a detailed comment at the end of this post. We will try to come up with a solution and help you flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly on your device.