The OMEGA ROM is a custom OS based on Android 4.2.2 JB. It can be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100 using the instructions listed in this post.
Read the entire post and you should be able to complete the installation in no time. OMEGA Jelly Bean custom ROM is based on Android 4.2.2 AOSP, AOKP and CM 10.1 builds. To make sure that you will manage to flash this custom ROM at your first attempt, you will first need to read the preparation guide below:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
- the device has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP. We’ve used the CWM Recovery mode for this guide, but you can use TWRP as the instructions are very similar.
- Create a full backup of your current ROM using the custom Recovery mode. Such file will act as a restore point that can be used in case your device doesn’t boot with the new ROM.
- Enable the USB debugging option from the Developer Options.
- The tutorial will ask you to wipe data and factory reset the phone for the new ROM to boot normally. This means that the /system partition will be wiped and you will lose installed apps and other data that is stored there. The ‘factory reset’ will not affect the internal / external sdcard.
- backup SMS, Call logs and APN Internet Settings using these tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Sync your Contacts data with your Gmail account using this guide here.
- This is a guide for advanced Android users and you shouldn’t attempt to use it in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Check the battery power levels and make sure that it has at least 50% power left before the device switches off.
- Don’t blame us in case something goes wrong and you brick the phone or you lose any data in the process.
- Don’t skip any steps that I have listed in the tutorial guide.
These were all the preparation instructions you had to take into consideration before continuing to the next part of this post. If you have problems completing the installation, then you can ask for extra help in comments.
How to flash OMEGA Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download the Omega JB custom ROM zip from HERE. Save the file on your computer and don’t extract its contents.
- Connect your device to your PC and move the custom ROM file onto its internal SDcard.
- Disconnect the phone from PC completely after the file has been copied.
- Power off your device.
- Boot your device into CWM Recovery mode.
- Select ‘backup and restore’ option from the main Recovery menu. Create a full NANDROID backup of your current OS.
- Return to the main menu of the CWM Recovery and select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm that you want to apply these changes.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ now. Then, select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and then browse your device’s storage for the ‘OMEGA’ ROM zip file.
- Confirm that you want to install the custom ROM.
- After the new ROM has been successfully installed, you will need to return to the main screen. Select ‘reboot system now’ and now wait until your device will load the new OS.
- Enter your Google Account details and take control over your smartphone.
- Test all the new features and then you can begin to customize the home screens and all the other parts of Omega Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM.
I hope that you found this guide helpful and that you’ve managed to successfully flash all files. If you didn’t manage to complete the install, then you can ask for extra help in comments and we will try to find a viable solution for any problems you encountered in your quest to flash a brand new ROM on your Galaxy S2 phone.
In case you don’t like this new ROM, then you can easily use the CWM Recovery mode and restore the NANDROID backup file created in step 6 and restore your device to its previous OS.