The Omega ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F has reached the Android 4.4.2 builds and now you can use the tutorial below in order to learn how to successfully install it.
Omega 5.0 is based on the stock Android XXU1ANE4 firmware that’s originally delivered on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. Also, Omega still uses the TouchWiz UI / UX interface, but it allows you to remove more then 80% of all bloatware that is originally packed with. If you want to install Omega Android 4.4.2 ROM for your phone, then you will first have to take a look at the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S5 model number SM – G900F.
– don’t try to update any other Galaxy S5 models with the files that you will find in this post.
– check the model number of your phone by going to Settings> More> About Device, if the G900F text isn’t listed under ‘Model Number’ section, then you should close this guide.
- note that your phone has to be rooted and running the latest CWM, TWRP or Philz Recovery variants.
- in the tutorial you will find two preparation steps: NANDROID ROM Backup and Factory Reset.
– apply both those steps and do not skip them.
- if you want to save data from your phone’s installed apps, SMS text messages or any other type of files, then you should use Helium for Android.
- sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- check your device’s battery power level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the Galaxy S5 from switching off while you’re installing Omega v5.0 Android 4.4.2 ROM.
- read the entire tutorial first and make sure not to skip any steps.
- note that this guide has to be applied by advanced Android users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you end up losing any important data in the process.
- if you need any extra help, then you can choose to use the comments field.
If you want to learn more Omega and what it brings for your Galaxy S5 G900F, then you can visit their XDA Developers dedicated forum page here.
How to flash Omega v5.0 Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM for Galaxy S5 G900F:
- Download the custom ROM zip file from here.
- Move the file to your smartphone after the download is complete.
- Power off the Galaxy S5 when the Omega G900F 5.0 ROM zip file is moved to its internal storage.
– also, make sure that your device is not connected to your computer.
- Boot your Galaxy S5 in Custom Recovery Mode.
- After the device boots Recovery Mode you will first have to create a NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM.
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, confirm process.
– TWRP: press Backup and swipe to confirm.
- Next you will have to apply a Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm the factory reset.
– if you apply this step, but the phone doesn’t boot in normal mode after your install the ROM, then you will have to reboot again in Recovery and use the ‘format /system’ option, too.
- Install OMEGA Android 4.4.2 ROM on your Galaxy S5 now:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Now load the Omega ROM zip file in your Recovery and it should launch the AROMA Installer.
– make sure to flash Gapps (Google Apps), too.
- Use the Omega ROM Aroma Installer wizard in order to complete the installation process.
- After the new ROM is flashed you will reboot the phone in normal mode.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of this new ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F smartphone.
In case you need more help use the comments field. Also, if the installation fails at your first attempt, then you can choose to repeat the entire tutorial more than once, eventually all files should install with success.