Flash OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightly for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
The LTE variant of Galaxy Note 2 can now be updated to Android 4.4 using the first Nightly build of OmniROM. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully update your device without any problems and without bricking the device.
OmniROM is a relatively new custom ROM that has been bundled together by Chainfire, Xplodwild, Dees_troy along with some new contributors. Read this entire tutorial and you should be able to install the new ROM without bricking your smartphone.
OmniROM Android 4.4 KitKat adds new features besides the AOSP Android 4.4 elements. The main features of this custom ROM will add support for multi-window, multi-workspace, DSP Manager enhancements, per-app permission controls, a new redesigned and non-obtrusive incoming call alert, etc.
Remember that a Nightly build is still in its development stage and errors or bugs are to be expected, so you shouldn’t worry in case you find any bugs while testing it. In order to make sure that you correctly flash this new custom ROM, you should read the guidelines below first:
- Use this guide only with the Galaxy Note 2 LTE model number N7105.
- don’t attempt to update any other devices with the files that you find in this article, as you will end up bricking them.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM Recovery image.
- For the new ROM to install correctly you need to apply a Factory Reset.
- this process will wipe all data from your device’s system partition, while the internal / external storage won’t be affected.
- this step can be found in the tutorial too, so you shouldn’t skip it.
- Backup data from installed applications using the Helium tool from Google Play Store — link here.
- Backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using these tools: SMS backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Sync your Contacts data with your Gmail account.
- guide here for those that don’t know how to do it.
- make sure to restore the same Google account after you finish installing OmniROM.
- In the tutorial you will find the NANDROID ROM Backup step, do not skip it.
- that will set a restore point for your Note 2 LTE, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot correctly or in case it installs, but it features major bugs.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This guide is for advanced users, do not skip any steps and make sure to read all info before starting the updating process.
- Check the charging level of your device and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- If you cannot complete this tutorial, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to update your device.
How to flash OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightly for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
- Download the custom ROM from here.
- sort the files by ‘last modified’ and download the latest version.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4 ROMs from here.
- Connect your device to your PC, then copy both zip files to its internal storage.
- when the files are copied you can disconnect the device from computer.
- don’t unzip the files.
- Power off your device now.
- Boot the phone in CWM Recovery:
- boot by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time.
- release these buttons only when the CWM Recovery screen appears.
- Create a NANDROID ROM Backup now.
- select ‘backup and restore’, save the file and continue to the next step when done.
- Now, apply the factory reset for your device:
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
> do not skip this step as you might end up bricking your device.
- Flash the OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightly now:
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- find the custom ROM zip and confirm the installation.
- When the ROM is installed, then you can continue with the rest of this post and flash the Gapps zip too.
- use the same ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option and find Gapps zip.
- After you manage to complete the installation of both zip files, return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ and wait for your device to boot with OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightlies for the first time.
- note that the first boot process should take a while before loading all the files, which is why you should wait.
- Enter your Google Account after the boot is successful and then begin to test all the new features.
I hope that you’ve completed the tutorial and that your device is now sporting OmniROM KitKat.
In case the first boot process takes too long to complete, the phone enters into a boot loop or you’re seeing too many force closing errors from various apps, then it would be best for you to repeat the entire tutorial once again. In case you cannot complete the tutorial, then you can ask for more help in comments and we will try to come up with a solution for you.
If you don’t like the new ROM, then you can use the NANDROID Backup file and restore your device to its previous ROM.
If you do like the OmniROM, then you can continue updating it with new builds using the link listed under step 1.