Paranoid Android 4.42 stable build that’s based on Androoid 4.4.4 KitKat is now live for the I9500 variant of Samsung Galaxy S4.
Use this post if you want to learn how to successfully install it. In this new release you will find tons of great new features such as theme manager, hover, revamped Volume Panel, PEEK, Pie Controls, and more. Check the PA team’s Google+ page if you want to stay updated with the latest changes added to future Paranoid Android releases.
Before installing the new ROM you will have to take a look at the guidelines below:
- use this post only for the I9500 model of Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.
– the model number of your device can be found under Settings> About Phone menu.
– do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this article.
- your phone has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery like CWM or TWPR for this guide to work.
- in the tutorial you will find the NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset steps, don’t skip them.
– NANDROID Backup creates a restore point for the ROM that’s currently installed on your Galaxy S5.
– Factory Reset wipes the data added by the former ROM, this allows the PA 4.4 Final ROM to install correctly and boot with your Galaxy S4 I9500.
- if you want to save some data from installed apps, from SMS text messages or any other file, then you can use Helium for Android.
– Contacts and People details can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- read the whole guide and don’t skip any steps.
- do not blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
– this is a guide for advanced users.
- check the Galaxy S4 battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it prevents the device from switching off during installation.
- for any more help use the comments field.
How to flash Paranoid Android 4.42 Final ROM build for Galaxy S4 I9500:
- Download the PA 4.42 zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for PA ROMs from here.
- Connect your device to your PC and move both zip files to its internal storage.
– if you’ve downloaded the files on your computer directly, then you should ignore this step.
- Power off the phone now.
- Next, boot it into CWM / TWRP Recovery mode.
– both will work with this tutorial.
- Create a Galaxy S4 NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, confirm.
– TWRP: press Backup, swipe to confirm.
- Apply the ‘Factory Reset':
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm process.
– TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm factory reset.
> don’t skip this step.
- Now you can start the installation of PA 4.42 Final ROM for Galaxy S4:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Browse your phone for the ROM zip file. Load it in your custom Recovery.
- Press the START button when you’re ready to being the installation.
– until the process is complete you shouldn’t press any buttons.
- When the ROM is flashed you should use the ‘step 8′ action and install Gapps zip, too.
- Return to the main custom Recovery screen when you’re done installing all the new files.
- Reboot the phone in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were the steps that you had to follow in order to make sure that your Galaxy S4 I9500 will be updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat using the Paranoid Android 4.42 Final and Stable build.
In case you need more help you can use the comments field. Also, if the process fails at the first attempt, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once until you get it right.