The official build of Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta ROM is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. If you wish to install it on this device, then you should read this entire tutorial.
Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta builds are based on the Android 4.4.4 KitKat stock and it features elements from Android L 5.0 Preview, too. Read more about this release here and here. Check the guidelines listed below before starting the installation process of this new ROM:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– check the model number of your phone under Settings> About Phone.
– if the I9100 version is not listed, then you shouldn’t use this guide.
– do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this article.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest custom Recovery build.
– both CWM and TWRP variants are supported in this post.
- before installing the ROM you have to create a NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– NANDROID Backup: this will create a full restore point for your device.
– Factory Reset: this process will remove all the data from system memory, but it won’t remove any data from internal nor external storage.
– do not skip these steps.
- if you want to save data from installed apps you can use the Helium tool for Android.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- this tutorial has to be followed by advanced Android users.
- check the phone’s battery power level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from switching off during installation.
- read the whole guide and don’t skip any steps listed below.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this guide.
How to flash PA 4.5 Beta ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2:
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the archived contents.
– if you’ve used the phone to download them, then you can skip this step.
- Power off the Galaxy S2 now and then boot it in custom Recovery Mode.
– press Volume Up, Home and Power, all at the same time, in order to boot Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP will work with this guide.
- Create the NANDROID Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– name the file, confirm the process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm process.
- Start the installation process of PA 4.5 Beta ROM:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the ROM zip file and confirm process.
- Once the PA 4.5 Beta ROM is installed you can flash Gapps zip, too.
- Reboot the Galaxy S2 in normal mode after all files are flashed successfully.
– note that the first boot process will this new ROM will take ten minutes before it loads all files.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device once again.
If the install fails, then you should try to repeat the entire tutorial more than once. Use the comments field in order to ask for extra help.