The first build of PA 4.6 Beta is now live for the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE devices, use this guide if you wish to learn how to install it on your smartphone easily without bricking its firmware. Note that the International Galaxy S3 GSM LTE is not supported by this guide.
If you wish to learn more about this release, then you can read the developing team’s blog page here or check our news article here. This build of Paranoid Android is based on Android 4.4.4. KitKat and on Android L Preview ROM. Since this is only a beta build, then you might want to install it on a secondary device at first and test it for a couple of days before thinking about using it on a daily basis.
Check the guidelines below before starting the installation process of this new ROM on your phone:
- use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 U.S. LTE smartphone: d2att, d2cri, d2mtr, d2spr, d2tmo, d2usc, d2vzw, d2lte.
– all these device codenames are supported by this guide.
– do not try to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this post.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- do not skip any steps listed in the tutorial and make sure to apply the NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– factory reset won’t remove any data from internal nor external storage.
- if you wish to save data from installed apps, then you can use the Helium tool for Android here.
– Contacts data can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- use this post only if you’re an advanced Android user, do not blame us in case you lose any data nor in case you brick your device.
- check the battery power level, make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from switching off during installation.
Continue to the next part of this post when you’re done preparing your phone for the installation.
How to flash PA 4.6 Beta ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 US LTE:
- Download the latest build of PA 4.6 Beta from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the archived contents.
- Power off the phone and then boot it into Custom Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP should work with this post.
- First you need to create the NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– confirm the process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm process.
- Start the PA 4.6 Beta ROM for your Galaxy S3 LTE:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm installation.
- After the ROM is flashed you should use the same options as in step 7 and flash Gapps zip, too.
- When all the files are installed you can reboot the phone in normal mode.
- Use your Google account info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of a brand new Paranoid Android 4.6 Beta ROM for your Galaxy S3 LTE device. If you need more help use the comments field.
If the install fails, then you will have to repeat the tutorial more than once and make sure not to skip any steps listed above.