Paranoid Android team has launched a new build of their KitKat 4.4.2-based custom ROM. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully update your device with a brand new Android ROM.
The PA 4.3 Beta 1 build brings the newest feature called Hover, it is a notification tool that it is great for users who don’t want to close applications whenever a new notification is sent to their device. After enabling the new feature you will be able to check new messages and alerts without closing the app that is opened on your phone, simply drag the Hover notification and the message will show up.
Paranoid Android is one of the most popular Android custom ROMs that are currently available for installation. Read the entire post and you should be able to update your LG G2 smartphone with it.
Here’s what you need to know in order to make sure the update completes at your first attempt:
- use this tutorial only with the LG G2 smartphone.
- do not attempt to update any other Android device with the files that you will find in this post.
- for this guide to work you will need to have a rooted device.
- CWM or TWRP Recovery has to be installed on your device, too.
- without a custom ROM you won’t be able to flash any new custom ROMs.
- for this new ROM to install you will have to apply a full Factory Reset:
- factory reset will remove all data from your smartphone’s system partition, but it allows your device to boot in normal mode after the update is complete.
- also, by applying a factory reset you will make sure that the new ROM is installed on a clean device.
- if you want to backup data from installed apps, SMS or any other similar files, then you should use the Helium app for Android.
- sync Contacts info with your Gmail account.
- read the entire tutorial first and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I’ve listed.
- check your LG G2 battery level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the installation.
- this post should be used by advanced Android users, don’t try to flash a custom ROM in case you’re a beginner.
- check all the info that I’ve listed in this post and you should be able to complete the update at yours first attempt.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this article and learn how to update your device.
How to flash Paranoid Android 4.4.2 ROM for LG G2:
- Download the custom ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.2 from here.
- After the download is complete you should connect your phone to your PC.
- move the zip files to your smartphone’s internal sdcard.
- disconnect the device from PC when the files are copied successfully.
- Power off your LG G2 now.
- Boot the phone in Recovery Mode.
- if you can’t boot recovery then you should use the info here.
- both CWM and TWRP are supported by this post.
- First thing that you need to do with custom Recovery is to create a full NANDROID Backup ROM for the already installed OS:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, name the file and confirm process.
- TWRP: press Backup, name the file. Swipe to confirm backup.
- Now you have to apply a full Factory Reset for your phone:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm factory reset.
- Now you can install the brand new custom ROM on your phone:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, find the PA 4.3 Beta 1 ROM and confirm the installation.
- TWRP: press Install, find the ROM file and confirm install.
> don’t press any buttons until the process is complete.
- When the new ROM is successfully installed you should use the same actions in step 8 and flash Gapps zip, too.
- After you complete installation for all files you should return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode.
- note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while to complete which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until the home screen appears.
- Use your Google account to log into your device and then you can start testing the new ROM.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully complete the updating process of your phone.
In case the update fails then you should ask for extra help in comments.