Paranoid Android legacy web page is now hosting the stable PA 4.42 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 International non-LTE device. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install it on your device.
The new PA 4.42 Stable build is based on stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat and you can learn more about it here. For the tutorial to work and for you to correctly apply the installation at your first attempt you should first take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the I9300 model of International Samsung Galaxy S3 non-LTE.
– check the model number of your phone under Settings> About Phone.
– if the GT – I9300 model number is not listed then you shouldn’t use this post as the installation will not work.
- don’t try to flash the new firmware on any other Android devices.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image version.
– both CWM and TWRP custom recovery variants are working with this guide.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you will find two extra steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset.
– NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t install correctly.
– the ‘Factory Reset’ process will remove all data installed by the previous ROM. This process will not remove any data from the internal nor external storage, just the installed apps and other data stored on the system partition.
– don’t skip these steps.
- in case you want to save some data from your system partition or other files, then you can use the Helium for Android tool.
– Contacts and People info can be synced with your Gmail account.
- don’t blame us in case the phone gets bricked or you lose any files.
- read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and you should be fine.
- the battery charge level of your device should be over 50%, it will prevent the phone from switching off during installation.
- in case you cannot complete the guide, then you can ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to Install PA 4.42 Stable ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300:
This is a reliable ROM that’s based on stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat and you can use it on a daily basis.
- Download the PA I9300 4.42 ROM build from here.
- Download the Gapps zip for this ROM from here.
- Move the files to your Galaxy S3.
– if you’ve used the phone to download the files, then you can ignore this step.
- Power off the phone now completely.
- Next, boot your Galaxy S3 in custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s currently installed on your device.
– CWM: Select ‘backup and restore’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Backup option.
– set a file name for the backup file and confirm the process.
- Now apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm.
- Begin the installation process of Paranoid Android 4.42 ROM for your Galaxy S3:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the PA 4.42 I9300 zip file and confirm the process.
– wait for the install to complete.
- After the ROM is flashed you should flash the Gapps file.
- When all the ROM and Gapps files are flashed you should return to the main custom recovery screen.
- Reboot system now in normal mode and wait until the first boot process is complete.
– note that this first boot will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your Google account info in order to take control over your device once again.
In case you cannot complete the guide, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
Also, don’t panic if the tutorial isn’t completed at your first attempt, repeat the whole guide more than once until the new ROM stick with your phone.